Chapter 10

"Mr Yuza," Ella greeted.

"Ella." His deep voice boomed throughout the store, sending chills down her spine.

"What brings you here?" She asked, determined not to show him that she was scared.

"I've come to talk about Maria." He answered, sitting down on one of the seats in the store.

Ella only smiled as she kept her silence, waiting for Mr Yuza to elaborate further.

"It has come to my attention that you tried to poison her to death." He continued, eyes darkening.

"It was, in fact, not me who prepared the tea, is it?" She asked, seating herself opposite him.

"And she didn't like how i handled the shop."

"That is no excuse to try to poison an innocent old lady. She knows what's best for you." He scolded, frustrated.

"I'll have to find someone else to keep an eye on you." He said, standing up.

"Do not disappoint me." He said before leaving the shop swiftly.

Ella's eyes grew a tad sad.

"I never disappointed you."

______________________________________________

The reporter sat uncomfortably on the chair, feeling the penetrating gaze of the woman on her.

It's been five minutes

The woman finally stopped staring at her.

"I'm really sorry, i'm just," The woman paused, running her hand through her hair. "I didn't get much sleep i was nervous for today."

The reporter empathised with her, not having much sleep herself. She reached a hand out.

"Reporter Callie Orland, at your service. What can i do for you?" She asked, her eyes turning up when she smiles to form crescents.

"I was wondering if we could discuss about one of the articles you have about the old couple who were 'under magic'" The woman asked.

The reporter furrowed her eyebrows.

That article was done and submitted a year back and got lots of hate and laughs from it.

She was almost fired from her job for trying to expose the work of magic.

So why was this woman so interested in it?

"Please." The woman begged.

The reporter sighed.

I'm gonna get killed after this.

__________________________________________

hehe