Flowershop

Flower Shop

I still remember the day when we first met at the flower shop. The first time that I laid my eyes on you.

I didn't expect to fell in love with you in just a little time you spent at the shop.

It happened way back Summer 2017, when my aunt let me stay with her for a month and she wants me to help her in her flower shop.

If ever I declined that idea, malabo sigurong makilala kita.

It was a hot summer morning. Tahimik ang kalye noon. The road looks deserted. Halatang ayaw lumabas ng mga tao dahil may kainitan ang panahon ngayon. While I was waiting for another customer a black scooter stopped in the parking space provided in the establishment.

The bell hanged in the door rang as a sign that a person entered the store.

"Good Morning! Welcome to Sally's Flower Shop. What can I do for you?" I asked while flashing a great smile at her.

I was amazed when I saw her. She's like a lavender. Simple yet elegant.

"Uhm, I would like to buy flowers. But I don't know if she'll like it. Do you have any suggestions?" She asked with a hint of hesitation.

I grabbed a folder where she can see all the types of flowers that were available in our shop.

It took her an hour before she decided on what flowers to buy.

"I hope you don't mind?" I asked after she closed the folder. "For whom are these flowers?"

"For Alex, my special friend." She said and smiled.

Special friend.

"Nice," I uttered. "Here's the bouquet." I said and gave her the bouquet she ordered.

"Kindly fill up and sign this receipt. By the way, what's your name?"  Sabi ko at nilahad ko ang resibo.

"Veronica, you can call me Nica for short. And you?"

"Gabriel or Gab." Saad ko at agad na nilahad ang kamay ko upang makipag-kamay.

That day was memorable.

Hindi ko makalimutan ang una nating pagkikita at unang pagkakataon na nag-tagpo ang mga mata natin.

Napapadalas na ang pag-bisita mo sa flower shop. Once a week ka kung bumibisita and you always say that you're recommending our flower shop to your friends.

We became friends and I thought hanggang doon lang tayo because here's Alex. Your special someone.

Simula pa lang I knew that I'll never win.

Lagi kang may dalang mga kwento at pagkain. We hangout and eat together. This summer is my favorite summer.

Ngunit dumating ang araw na naging madalang na ang pagbisita mo sa flower shop pero hindi mo naman nalilimutang tumawag kahit dalawang beses lang sa isang araw. Unti-unting nagiging malungkot ang flower shop dahil wala ka.

It's been two weeks since you never visited the flower shop. Wala na rin tayong communication sa isa't isa. Wala ka man lang reply sa mga text messages ko at hindi mo sinasagot ang mga tawag ko.

I'm still hoping that you'll visit the flower shop pero mukhang hindi mo na siguro magagawa.

We're disconnected.

"Nasaan na kaya siya?" tanong ko sa sarili ko habang nagsasagawa ng inventory.

Bago ko pa man matapos ang ginagawa kong imbentaryo ay narinig ako ang tunog ng bell.

Agad kong inangat ang aking tingin upang makita ang customer.

Hoping it's her.

But, no.

Akala ko siya na pero hindi pa pala. I saw a man who actually looks like Veronica and a girl with a black hair and red highlights.

"Hello, narito ba iyong lalaking bantay lagi ng shop na ito?" He asked with uncertainty.

"Yes, ako nga po. Ano pong mapagli-lingkod ko sa inyo?" Takang-tanong ko sa lalaking na sa harapan ko.

"Ikaw pala yung kinekwento ng kapatid ko na si Veron. Gabriel right?" nakangiti lamang siya sa akin.

"Veron? Sino po ba kayo?" tanong ko dahil hindi ko kilala ang tinutukoy niya maging siya rin ay hindi ko kilala

Nagpakawala siya ng isang pagak na tawa. "Sabi na nga ba ako lang ang tumatawag sa kanya ng Veron eh. Si Veronica Angeles ang tinutukoy ko. By the way, ako nga pala si Vincent Angeles. Vin for short."sabi niya sa akin sabay abot ng kamay niya sa akin at inabot ko naman iyon. "And my here's her friend. Alexandra Patricio." He introduced the girl in her left who waved her hands at me.

Alex?

I thought Alex was a guy but she's not.

She's a girl.

"Kayo pala ang kaibigan at kapatif niya. Nice to meet you all. Kamusta na pala si Nica?" nakangiting tanong ko sa kanila.

I missed her so much.

Kapag bumalik siya rito, I'll confess my feelings for her. I don't want to let her go.

Sa lahat ng bulaklak na nakita ko, siya ang pinaka-maganda sa paningin ko.

Vin's smile became dull and Alex became teary and frowned.

Did I said something off?

"Wala na si Veronica, she died last week from car accident." He said.

"Late na namin na-check ang phone niya at nakita namin ang conversations niyo and I saw a note in one of her journal." Alex said and she handed me a piece of paper.

Agad ko namang tinanggap iyon and my tears fell down.

"I love you flower boy." I said while reading the text from the paper. She used to call me flower boy.

I love you too, Lavender...