Chapter 1

Briar's POV (her picture is off to the side)

"Mom, I'll be okay!" I say prying her off of me. I'm leaving for Los Angeles to get some independence along with my best friend, Rory. I love my family, but they can be overwhelming sometimes. I have 4 brothers and 1 sister. There's Cory (22), me (18), Ally and Ryan (16), Stephen (14), and Justin, the baby. He's 2. I have no idea how my mom does it.

"I know. It's just hard. I'll barely ever see you!" She says wiping her eyes.

"I'll come back here sometime and you guys can come there." I said and gave her a hug. "I love you." I said kissing her cheek.

"I love you too." She smiled. I walked over to Cory.

"Hey kiddo." He said ruffling my hair. I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." I said. He smiled at me and pulled me in for a tight hug. "I love you."

"And I love you." He said. I moved on to Ally.

"Don't grow up on me!" I said and slung my arms around her. She chuckled and hugged me back.

"Maybe we can convince mom to fly you out there in a few weeks." I said and raised my eyebrows.

"She can come whenever you are ready for her." My mom spoke up.

"How does June 15th work for you?" I asked Ally.

"Works great! See you in 2 weeks!" She squealed. After speaking to Ryan and Stephen, I walked to Justin.

"I don't want you to leave." He said in his 2 year old voice.

"Hey, don't worry. Ally will play with you, I'm sure."

"It won't be the same. She doesn't play Superman right!" He stuck out his bottom lip.

"It'll be okay, little man. I love you." I pulled him in a tight hug.

"I love you too." He mumbled in my shoulder. I let go, and grabbed my bags, sticking them in the trunk. I got in my car, waving one last time before driving towards Rory's house.

I pulled up in her driveway and she was already waiting on me, finishing up saying by to her family. I parked and stepped out, before going to say bye to the people who were practically my second family.

I walked up to her dad first, since he had been like a father to me, filling my father's absence since I was 6 years old, when Rory and I became best friends.

"Hey old man." I joked.

"Hey! I am no old man!" He laughed, "Okay, maybe I am." We both laughed and after a few more minutes, Rory and I said our goodbyes and we were off to start our independent lives.

"We are finally starting our lives!" We squealed.

"Put on some music!" I said and rolled down our windows, and putting on my sunglasses when we were at a red light.

She plugged in her phone and Black Widow came on.

"QUEENS!" I screamed and turned it up.

Let's just say, the excitement escalated when Ed Sheeran came on.

After these two songs, we were at the airport. We went in the line to get our ticket printed and went through security and blah blah blah, but at exactly 6 o'clock, we were able to board our flight.

It actually kind of sucks that LA is 3 hours behind Miami because of timezones. I'm loosing 3 hours here, and I love my sleep! It's gonna take 5 hours and 37 minutes to get there.

"Hello everyone and thank you for flying with Delta airlines. We will arrive in Los Angeles, California at approximately 8:37 Pacific Standard Time. Now that's 11:37 Eastern Standard Time so everyone is falling back 3 hours. Please store your carry on above your head and buckle your seat belt for take off." The flight attendant announced. I had the window seat so once we started going down the runway, I looked outside the window. I absolutely the takeoff and landing. It fascinates me.

"Rory, this is it." We smiled and gave each other a bone crushing hug.

"Okay, so I thought we could talk about a few things for the house and then you can do whatever. Cool?"

"Our stuff is already shipped and in our house, all we need to do is unpack it. And I say we go down to adopt a kitten and a puppy."

"So what kind of puppy do you want?" I asked.

"I kind of want an Australian Shepherd or a Chihuahua Shih-Tzu mix."

"I say we go for the Chihuahua mix!" I absolutely loved small dogs, they were so cute!

"Alright, well I want sleep." I said laying my head against the window.

"Night." Rory said.

"Night." I mumbled before slipping into a dreamless sleep.

•°•°•°•°•°•

"Briar! Briar! BRIAR!"

I opened my eyes to see Rory.

"What?" I mumbled before stretching.

"Get your seat belt on, we're about to land."

I buckled my seat belt and drowned out the voice of the flight attendant.

I felt myself have the feeling of falling and smiled. We are finally in Los Angeles, California.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Here is the first chapter of The Princess of the Boy! I hope you enjoyed! Next chapter will be longer! (:

Vote/Comment/Follow(:

-Jenni/Jenna (my real name is Jenna lol. I just go by either Jenni or Jenna)