𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢

"Danielle! Go to the store and buy me cigarettes!"I heard my mother shouting from downstairs. I sighed lightly and went downstairs. I saw my mum sitting on the couch, watching some romantic series with a bottle of vodka in her hand.

"You could as well lift your ass off the couch and go to the store."I said. She stood up from the couch and started shouting again.

"How dare you talk to your mother like that?!" she screamed and slapped my cheek. I heard my father's footsteps. After few seconds, he appeared in the living room.

"What's going on here?" He asked. I could see, that he is drunk already. My cheek was burning from my mother's hit.

"That little slut doesn't know how to speak to her own mother" She said and looked at my dad. He walked closer to me and punched me in the nose. I immediately touched it and felt fresh blood running down my nose. I sprinted to my room and locked my door with a key. 'That's it! I can't stay here anymore!' I thought and started packing. Even if I didn't know where to go, I couldn't be here. After I packed everything, I took my savings from the desk drawer,  opened my door quietly and sprinted to the front door.

And then it hit me. I should go to Charles! Besides I don't have anywhere else to go.

I started walking towards his house. I don't know what I'm going to do with my parents, but my house is a hellhole now. I won't go back there for a very long time.

I sighed with relief, when I saw Charles's house. I walked over to the front door slowly and I rang the doorbell. After a minute, the door opened, to reveal Kate Harper.

"Danielle, darling, what happened to you?" She asked, concerned. I opened my mouth to give her an answer, but she cut me off. "Your parents did this to you?" She asked again. I could feel that she is very angry. I nodded my head, ashamed.

I was so ashamed that, I couldn't stand up to my parents, without  being hurt. Kate knew all about my parents, but I told her not to intervene. She was like a mother to me.

"Oh, honey, come inside." She said and led me inside. "Charles! Come here, now!" She shouted. I was just standing and not knowing what to do with myself. I know that Charles is also pissed at what my parents are doing to me. I turned my head in the direction, where I heard noise. Charles walked into the living room.

"What happe-Danielle? What happened to you?" He asked and within a second, he was next to me. I looked into his hazel eyes and I saw in them fright and sadness. He looked away, when he heard his mother walking into the room.

"Charles, take Danielle to your room, I'll bring you some ice for your nose." She said and went back to kitchen. Charles took my hand and led me to his room. I always liked his room. It was cozy and warm , and he had REALLY comfortable bed. That's why I liked our sleepovers. 

Boy took my bag and put it on the desk. I sat on his bed and the room fell silence. I remember, when he said, that I should call him every time my parents did something to me. He really worries about me. I couldn't have a better friend than Charles. He sat next to me and put his head on my shoulder. I felt my shirt is slowly soaking with water. I realized that it was Charles's tears. He slowly pulled away and wiped his tears with his hand.

"Hey...why are you crying?" I asked him softly. He looked me in the eye and grabbed my hand. I shivered under his touch, but I didn't pull away.

"I'm so sorry for you, Dani. I should just go to the police station with my mum and tell them everything. I don't want to see you getting hurt by those people, I just can't. It hurts me so much." He sobbed and looked away. I immedietaly took him in for a hug. I think his feelings have been accumulating in him since he found out about my parents and he just couldn't stand it today.

"Charles, listen to me."I said. He looked at me with his sad, hazel eyes. "I told your mum not to go to police station, because I wanted to handle it myself. "I said. His eyes turned from sad to shocked.

"B-But why? You can't let these people treat you like that, Danielle." He said, his voice broke in the middle of sentence. I sighed and ran my palm over his cheek. I could feel, he shivered under my touch.

"I know, Charles, but they're still my parents. Even if your mum will let me stay here for few days, I can't stay here forever. I'll have to go back to them eventually." I said sadly. He sighed with resignation and pulled me closer to him. I could see a few more tears running down his cheeks. I wiped them away with my hand. Tears welled in my eyes.

"Don't cry, because I'll cry to." I laughed softly. We heard door opening and pulled away from each other. His mum entered the room with ice in her hand.

"Charles, put this ice on her nose." She said and handed him ice. "I'll bring you, guys some tea." She added and went out of Charles's room. I turned my head to Charlie and laughed, when he put ice on my nose. I started staring at him and realized, how beautiful his eyes are. He was so focused on not hurting my nose, while putting ice on it, that he didn't notice that I was staring at him.

"I'm okay, Charles. It's not hurting anymore." I said and pulled his hand away from my face. He smiled at me nervously and started playing with his fingers. "I'm going to take a quick shower and change into my pyjamas. I'll be back in ten minutes." I said , took my bag and headed to bathroom. I took clothes off and went into the shower. After a quick shower, I changed into my pyjamas, which is Charles's shirt, that he left at my house months ago. I took my stuff and went back to his room. He smiled feistyly and said:

"You look nice, Dani." He laughed. I blushed a little. "I'm going to take a shower too. Your tea is on my desk." He said and went to bathroom. I took my cup of tea and sat on his bed. I don't know, what I'm going to do about my parents, but I don't want to bother Kate and Charles with my presence.

I sat on his bed, overthinking about this whole situation, and I didn't notice Charles coming back to his room. I looked at him and saw him yawning. I put my empty now cup on his desk and went over to him.

"I'm going to brush my teeth and we'll take some sleep. I see you're tired."I smiled at him and headed to bathroom. I brushed my teeth and used the toilet. I went back to Charles's room and layed on his bed. I went under the covers of his bed and stared at him. He just laughed, turned off the lights and layed next to me. I pulled him closer and closed my eyes. Shortly after that, I fell asleep.