Chapter 3

*Troye's P.O.V.*

Tyler had made me swoon just by him being there, and of course him showing sympathy towards me. I've had a crush on this boy since we were Freshmen. Although, I couldn't figure out why. I barely knew him and he was known to sometimes go off with the wrong crowd. I just knew the trust level between us two was zero to begin with. 

That was why I was so supicious that he was here to comfort me, not make fun of me.

"Why aren't you being mean to me?" I stutter. Tyler's eyes focus back on mine and he chuckles, as if what I said was meant to be a joke. He shrugs and a smirk finds his lips.

"I guess I can't bring myself to be mean to people I like." I can instantly feel my cheeks heat up, and I'm certain that I'm the color of an overly-ripe tomato. As we stand there for a second in complete silence, I'm processing his words. Replaying them over and over again inside of my head. 

"You...but you barely know me." I manage to say though I know I'm a stuttering mess. Tyler's eyes go wide, realizing what I was getting at. In a way, I was sort of happy he liked me, but in another way I was confused. Is he going for me just because I'm gay?

"NO! No...I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that I wouldn't be mean to my friends." he shoves his hands into his pockets, a blush filling his cheeks. I feel a mix of disappointment from the obvious friendzone, but also relieved I didn't almost blurt out how I had always fantasized a future with him. That would have been the end of me.

"Oh." that was the only word I could manage. Although, rethinking the situation, he did call me his friend. Maybe if we got closer and got to know each other better, we'd be able to maybe have an actual relationship. Well, only if he wasn't secretly a douche bag. 

We sat in an unomfortable silence, shifting positions every few seconds with the uncomfortableness, but still staring back at each other in the mirror. I felt the need to see him without his glasses, for no reason at all. Despite the color of his hair and his personality, I wanted to see something about him be different, something almost nobody has seen before. But I was scared of his reaction and I finally lowered my gaze, feeling stupid about the sudden impulse. Tyler seemed to notice the change in the mood almost instantly, calling me out on it.

"What?" he questioned. I didn't know how to react or what to say. So I ignored all the voices in my head to run from the situation and I stood tall, facing him. I reach up and lightly wrap my fingers around the sides of his black rimmed glasses. He didn't seem to have a reaction, just staring straight into my eyes. I concentrated on not smudging the glasses with my hands as I slowly slid them off of his face. Still, I recieved no outward expression. 

For a moment I just examined his glasses, with the thicke rims and the nice black color. I contemplate against putting them on, and then decided against it. I looked straight back at him, and noticed the beauty of his eyes, the beautiful greeny-blue color that filled them. Our eye contact only broke when he looked down at his shoes, and then wiped his palms on his jeans. Ignoring his sudden movements, I turn to look in the mirror. Seeing that he's eyeing the glasses in my hand, I raise them up and place them gently on my face.

By now, I have no idea what I'm doing. I just stole Tyler Oakley's glasses and put them on. What am I even doing with my life. I think to myself. My gaze shifts slightly to the left and I see Tyler staring at me in the mirror, a smile fighting to break out across his face, and winning. Oh god, he was gorgeous. How could this boy get to me so easily.

"Wow." His voice was almost a whisper. He breathed the word out and then inhaled a sharp breath and the smile on his face got bigger. His entire body relaxed when he sighed, then he did something totally unexpected.