one

第一章

i remember the first time i saw you.

it was a monday in mid june, and the hot summer sun struck the small town like the huns did rome. my friends and i went out and enjoyed the absence of school practically every day.

i've seen most of my neighbors the past few days more than i have during any other season. but this was the first time i saw you - the first time i saw your lemonade stand.

you sat on a small, wooden chair, in front of the house across mine. a large jug of yellow liquid and a few cups laid on the table before you.

the signs you had around you screamed enthusiasm, but you didn't. you just sat there, your cheek on the palm of your hand.

taehyung and i went biking that day. i doubt he even noticed your presence just across the street; he left as soon as i got off my bike. but i didn't go inside. i didn't go inside the comfort of my cool home even with the blazing heat stinging my skin. and i didn't want to.

i stood there, watching you - in a completely not creepy way might i add. i was just interested in you.

but, to be honest, you weren't that interesting. you just sat there, your cheek on the palm of your hand.

i would've guessed you were a statue if the rosy tint on your nose and lips didn't catch my attention. or if your hair didn't fly chaotically in the humid air.

you weren't that exciting either. but i still wanted to look at you. to watch as you just sat there, your cheek on the palm of your hand.