mastermind of mischief

september 3rd, 1971

If Elara knew anything, it was how to be punctual. She was never late for anything in her life and that would not stop once she was at Hogwarts. Two days into her first semester and she already had a sense of belonging in her house. While the duration of yesterday was settling in, getting time tables and figuring out how to work the magical staircases (you don't), Elara was excited to finally start her first day of classes.

She woke earlier than the other four girl in her dorm, already showered and dressed in her robes that adorned the deep blue emblem of Ravenclaw. She was a taller girl for her age, coming just at five feet, though she was more leg than torso. Elara had her mother's hair, a dark brown that seemed to be a perfect match of a dark espresso, thick and semi-curly that was chopped just as her shoulders. Her eyes matched her fathers, a deep olive green that had small wisps of brown when the sunlight hit them just right. Her face was full, her cheeks a little more chubby that were barely glittered with light brown freckles, which she got from her father.

Elara was never a fan of a large breakfast, always opting for a bowl of yogurt with fresh fruit....and of course tea. Her go-to beverage always has been and always will be tea no matter the time of day. So, she sat quietly by herself at the Ravenclaw table as she sipped from her tea mug and ate a spoonful of yogurt with blueberries on top. There was a few other students scattered around their respective house tables, some eating, other stressing before classes had even begun.

She was grazing over her time table when another person sat down across from her. Elara smiled brightly at the boy,

"Good morning, Remus."

"'Morning, Elara. Is that your time table?" He was quick to grab pancakes, bacon, and coffee after he greeted the girl. He pulled out his time table from his robes as well, the two going over their courses together.

"Looks like we have charms, potions, and herbology together!" Elara was excited that she would at least see her new friends throughout the week for classes. She barely saw James yesterday due to James's love for sleeping in and Elara's love for exploring as much of the castle as she could before anyone woke up.

Remus was happy he had met the eccentric girl in the train, he figured that she was the only one that would want to study in the library and talk about subjects the other three wouldn't. He admired her excitement she had for Hogwarts, and for classes in general. Though he wished she could have been in the same house as him and his other friends, he couldn't deny that she seemed to fit in perfectly with Ravenclaw.

"Where is everyone else?" Elara questioned, taking another sip from her tea. The Great Hall was finally basking in more sun than when she had first stepped through the large doors that morning. It was just past 7:30 and more students had started to come in for breakfast, but there was the absence of the two other boys.

Remus shrugged, "Probably still sleeping. James and Sirius taught Peter how to play exploding snap last night...they were pretty late."

"Peter?"

"Oh, Peter is another kid in our house, someone we sat with at the feast after the sorting. You'd like him, he's a little shy, but really nice."

Elara was just excited to meet another person. As the two friends talked about their courses, their plans for the week, and what potions would be like, it grew closer and closer to 8 and there was still no sign of their friends.

They finished their meals and walked together down the long corridors as students started to file into the halls as classes neared. They descended the stairs that lead into the dungeon, Elara taking in every detail of the chipped stone walls and flooring, as well as the green torches the lit up the wall by the entrance to the Slytherin common room before the two arrived at their first class: Potions.