One

Chapter 1

Ebony POV

I woke up feeling like my life would change forever. Well, let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Ebony Carter of the Haven Falls Pack. My father is the pack doctor, and my brothers are his heirs. Growing up in the pack all of my life I love everything about it. Recently I turned 21 and am excited about meeting my mate. I also work with my father as a registered nurse and midwife. I was born with a healing and photographic memory. Most consider me the omega of the pack. Did I mention my brother is my twin and Eric Jr? He is 18 minutes older than me and never lets me forget it. I got my gifts from my mother Ella. Yep, all of our names in my immediate family begin with E. My mother tried to be clever like that.

Today I traveled to the Covington pack because the Alpha wife was sick and seeks my healing ability. I was excited to leave the territory because I never leave. Usually, I travel with 4 guards including my brother. Even though, I'm still excited to get away from the pack and meet new people. You see usually when a Lycan turns 16 they can find their mate. My mate isn't in my pack. I know that for a fact. Father has decided to let me travel with my brother to find my mate.

My father is Dr. Eric Carter Senior and I'm a daddy's girl. My father struggles to let me leave the pack land. That is why I waited until I was 21 to find my partner because I wasn't ready to let my father go yet. Finding your mate is a female dream, especially mine. I want what my parents and brothers have. My brother's mate is my best friend, Latasha. We've been friends since diapers when she hit me in the head with a toy.

Although my mother isn't from our pack, she is from the Covington Pack. So, I'm excited about visiting my grandparents. I know my parents hope my mate is in this pack.

We are close nit family. I've never visited this pack my mother's family always visited us. In addition to being extremely rare, omegas are protected. We are unique because we can soothe any supernatural being just by being in their presence. Rogue is even calm in my presence which makes me unique. I can calm anyone. I was blessed by the moon goddess at birth. She told my parents that I would face many obstacles and have many gifts to enrich the Lycan world and other beings.

Since then, my father has kept me highly guarded by four guards at all times. Two of the guards are females which is cool. They can travel almost anywhere I go, and they are highly trained. I don't fight, and I've never trained. Now my brothers have training and could enforce our pack. Did I mention my best friend is our Alpha youngest daughter?

I'm packing for a week because my mother says that's the only way I will know for sure. That, my mate, is in that pack if I have time to mingle among the pack. My brother is a healer as well, and they asked that he not be consulted. I'm just coming along for the ride. Many don't know about my gifts and keep them hidden from the other Alphas. Only Alpha Moore knows and my mother - the old Alpha, to be exact.

Dr. Eric Sr. POV

This is the hardest thing I ever had to do, let my daughter go. We always hope her mate is in the pack. I knew her mate wasn't Alpha which is a positive thing. Then maybe her mate would move to our pack. That has been my hope since I first laid eyes on my princess. As she grew older, we knew he wasn't in our pack, but she was content with advancing her abilities. My daughter is truly a gifted omega. There is no omega like her in the world. She thinks she only travels with four guards, but she has 20. They stay in the shadows to protect her.

Ebony has a few gifts she doesn't know about. Healing and calming effect on any being is the most treasured gift. My daughter is a genius. Not just saying that because she is my princess.

She believes that her gifts only work on Lykan's. It can only be used by living beings; we know this because an accident saved the life of a human. My daughter was friendly as a little girl. She hugs a little human child that had Cancer. Once while we were at the mall. Later we heard on the news the little girl was healed from all of her cancer. Ebony has a heart of gold and can sense pain. We later ask why she hugs the little girl. She said papa I felt her pain she was trying to hide from her mother. It shocked me to the point, I at once told the Alpha and we decided to increase her guards. Whoever mates with my daughter I hope will join our pack.