Chapter 16: Stranger

When she went downstairs her abuela was crying.

"Abuela! What happened!" Andy sat next to her and took her hand in hers.

"It's just that, I've been safe for four years. Your father kept my identity a secret so I could continue my life, but I was always scared. And now I can't live like this anymore. This is silly I know I sound like a little girl." She smiled even though the tears were still on her cheeks.

Andy hugged her and said: "We will find a way to get back to normal. I promise. It's all my fault, I'm sorry I ruined everything."

"Don't say that. You're my happiness, Andy. I would do anything for you. Did you talk to your father?" She asked curiously.

Andy looked at Alec hoping he would understand that they needed some time alone.

"I will wait in the car. I have to make some calls." He said

He always surprises her when he understands what she means. She returned her focus to her abuela.

"Yes he called me yesterday when Alec was here, but we didn't talk about anything specific." She said while getting up.

"If he contacts us again we should tell him that we moved out. Are you okay with this?"

"Yes, I guess we don't have another choice. Alec thinks they were after him, but it might be my father's enemies. His hotel is safe, he has bodyguards, cameras, and safe doors."

Her abuela nodded and they went outside with their luggage.

On their way to the hotel, Alec explained to her abuela how the security system works in the hotel and told her about all the facilities she could benefit from, spa, gym, pool, rooftop, and a suite just next to Andy's with a bodyguard at its door.

Andy helped her abuela unpack then unpacked her stuff in her room. She prepared her uniform and books for the first day of school tomorrow. She was excited to see her friends and get back to her life.

"Let's have dinner together." Alec texted her. "See you at the rooftop?" She texted him back. "Can't wait :)"

She wore a short black printed floral dress slightly curled her hair and put on some gloss. She met Alec on the rooftop. It was crowded. A man at the door lead her to a table that was far from the others. Alec looked gorgeous, his eyes were sparkling. She sat next to him. He was looking into her eyes trying to ask for her permission to kiss her. When she came closer to him he gave her a quick kiss on her lips. He poured some champagne in her glass and drank a sip from his glass of whiskey.

"So, it's your first-day of school tomorrow!"

"Well, yes I'm looking forward to it!"

"I need you to give me your schedule. I already told the chauffeur that he will take you to school and bring you back every day, but I still need your schedule. A bodyguard will accompany you. He will stay outside."

"You don't need to do this. I will be fine, I can grab a cab, and don't worry the school is safe."

"Andy, please why do you always have to argue about everything. When it comes to your safety—." He noticed that she let out a sigh and turned her gaze to the crowd.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to annoy you." He held her hand and looked into her eyes.

"I just need you to be safe. I promise, you won't even notice him." He said concerned.

"Fine." She muttered then finished her glass of champagne.

"Do you like sushi?" He asked trying to change the subject.

"Yes, do you want to order sushi?"

He nodded and called the waiter. A man came to their table and whispered something in Alec's ear. He told Andy that he will be back soon, and left the table. The music was loud, everyone was dancing. She finished her second glass and went to the dance floor. She wanted to feel free and let out all the tension she felt these last few days. She danced like no one was watching. She felt a hand on her waist and heavy breath on her neck, she turned and saw a good looking man who took a step back.

"I'm sorry I thought you were someone else!" He shouted above the music. The surprised look on his face made her believe him.

"It's okay." She laughed.

"I'm Sergio." He smiled showing a perfect set of white teeth.

"I'm Andy."

"Nice to meet you Andy, are you new here? I've never seen you before. I work here."

"Yes, It's my first day actually."

"Well, I hope you enjoy your stay."

He looked behind her then left immediately. She felt someone grabbing her hand. It was a familiar touch, Alec.

They went back to their table. The food had arrived.

"I left you for less than fifteen minutes and you're already meeting new people." She didn't know if he was joking or if he was mad.

"I just wanted to dance."

"I don't think that Sergio is a great dance partner." He said and devoured the first piece of sushi.

"I think he's fine." She didn't know if Alec was serious about her. She wanted to push him to know more about his feelings for her.