Chapter 11 : " A-New "

There was no snow, but the night was cold. The room was lit by a faint, misty blue light that was filtering through the curtains from the street lamp outside the window. Pierce lay flat on her back, breathing hard as though she had been running. As time passed anxiety grew over her. She knew full well danger of false hope and dark alleys.

Bewildered, she sat up in the empty bed and looked at the clock. It showed 10:58 p.m. She put her face into her hands trying to concentrate, frowning and thought of her options. They weren't many and that they weren't great and hiding wasn't one of them. They'll find her eventually, probably sooner rather than later. She only had one choice and that was to escape which she didn't exactly had a plan for.

She took her face out of her hands and looked around as though expecting to find something useful there. As this happened there was an extraordinary number of things in the room, unfortunately none good enough to help carry out the mission. Apprehension took control over her. Her head still stinging.

Pierce scrambled out of the bed, crossed the room and opened the window. Cool breeze greeted her as she once again smelled the fresh air. Her long luminous strands of hair played around with the air. She closed her eyes and inhaled slowly, feeling the light air caress her body gently. She felt delighted, for once her mind cleared, she was the one with the wind and sky.  

Her heart was divided into resentment for others and pity for herself. She once again looked down acknowledging that she must be at third floor, estimating the distance between the ground and where she stood. ' I wouldn't land in one piece if I jump and probably will end up being smashed like a bug on the windshield of a car ' , she told herself, shivering at the thought.

Be that as it may, she still decided to give it a try. It can't be that bad. She backed off the window and exhaled a long deep breath. Ready to jump out any minute now, Pierce ran towards the window but, soon put an end to it when the door opened bringing a wide smiling Taehyung out.

He briskly moved towards the light switch and turned it on. Once the room was lit, he turned around and looked at her from head to toe. His eyes landed on her bare feet. Without wasting any time he went to the bed and picked up the hanging blanket from the end, revealing her purple sneakers. " Your shoes " , he said warmly and moved towards her, handing them over.

" Oh..Thank you " , Pierce answered awkwardly and sat down on the floor. Trying her best not to untie the laces, she slowly slipped her feet into the shoes, failing miserably. A smile crept on Taehyung's face as he looked at her ridiculous act, " You know you'r supposed to untie the laces.. first, right? " , he said trying best to control his laughter.

" Ye-yes...the laces..first " , she said fiddly, too embarrassed to accept the fact that she wasn't capable of tying them back again. She slowly opened them and slid her feet into the shoes. Now, was the hard part, despite being twenty she didn't know how to tie them back again. She swung her hands up and down clumsily, slipping the end of the shoelaces and bending them over to no effect. Every time she ended up unsuccessful with untied shoes.