Chapter 1: Where was I

December 10, 2014

I walk through the forest, and I can hear the crunchy colorful leaves under my feet as they cracked with every footstep I took. The fresh pine air is filling my lungs as I think. A while back, the old dusty path was gone, covered with leaves, and had I not known that it was reconstructed, I would probably be lost right now. I walk and walk until I find somewhere, that's not New York City to go sleep for the night. Maybe I'll find a bus station somewhere along this grey path tomorrow.

I don't know where i'm going nor where I was. The forest is safety to me, and silence is the key to it all. I can see my breath now, seeing that the air is so thin. Maybe I might head to Vermont? I can never be sure that I am safe.

I don't think that the situation I'm going through is completely normal. Should teenage girls be running away from her secrets all the way out of the state? Should normal girls be chased by dangerous people? No, but I'm not a normal girl. Me, Amanda Willard, a former normal New York City girl is now Stacy Montgomery, a small town girl from Vermont, and my long black hair, that I had loved so dearly, is now bright red, and down to my shoulders. Now, when people look into my eyes, they will no longer look at the sweet brown eyes of my former self, but my harsh blue eyes surrounded with dark black liner.

The day before this one, I was just as normal as about any person in my high school. I did homework, got good grades, rebelled at parties, but I had, we'll still have, a secret that I managed to keep until now. That one period of time, 24 hours to be exact, was the most catastrophic mess of my life, and diary, I know that you are probably wondering why on earth I would be writing the base to my life-threatening secrets in you. Well, it's because right now, I'm all alone. I've been on this same dusty path for 10 hours and will most likely be on it for 10 more with absolutely no one but you to talk to.