Chapter 7: Seeker's Assault

Chapter Seven

Seeker's Assault

            Umbra darted down the city streets. He heard the explosion that Vog created. Watching the smoke rise from Stee's shop, he had a feeling that his new so-called-friend was gone. But Umbra was used to people coming in and leaving quickly in his life. It affected him after his whole town, including his parents, left. He always kept a little hope that one day they'd all return.

            As he ran past people, he could see that they paid their attention towards the sound of the explosion. In the distance he could hear the sirens of police cars and firetrucks.

            Continuing to run away, Umbra headed into a nearby parking garage. Part of the parking garage rose up a few floors while the other part went down underground.

            "Get back here!" A voice from behind Umbra yelled. It didn't sound like Vog's words, but he was still afraid to turn around and see his new foe. He slowed down his running, turning his head slightly to get a look at who was speaking to him.

            Looking at the strange figure flying at him, he didn't recognize him at all. "Who are you?!" Umbra yelled as he picked up speed.

            "I am the Shadow Seeker!" The flying figure yelled out. His voice turned more high-pitched. Umbra watched as the Shadow Seeker sent out two flaming fireballs at him.

            As the fireballs were hurdling at him, Umbra stopped in his tracks. Bringing up his arms, he waited for the fireballs to approach him closer. As they did, Umbra leaped at them, keeping his arms in front of him. Using his newly acquired cuffs, the fireballs struck them. Once they made contact, Umbra swung his arms upward, deflecting the fireballs, forcing them to shoot up in the air.

            Once Umbra landed on the ground, he turned around and continued towards the parking garage, hoping he could lose the figure there.

            "Oh no you don't you little punk!" The Shadow Seeker yelled.

            As Umbra neared the entrance to the parking garage, the Shadow Seeker sent out another set of fireballs. The fireballs struck the top of the concrete entrance, sending it down to block the path in. Luckily, Umbra made inside in time.

            Umbra let out a sigh of relief, but knew he had to keep moving as the Shadow Seeker would soon make his way inside. Running down the long concrete ramp that was to the left of him, Umbra knew he had a chance to escape through the underground.

            It was more difficult to see now that everything was in black and white. The flickering lights that were in the garage made it even harder to see.

            Umbra ran down the underground parking garage, keeping himself low, traveling through the cars. He was looking for another way out. Trying to see if a door or window was against the wall, but there wasn't. He proceeded to head down to the next level.