Yeakkam...

This part was really long...so divided it into two...the second part will be posted in the evening...

************************************

Anandhi and Mullai stand outside the internet center making phone calls, nearby Kanna is doing the same, Kathir has gone to the shop to buy sweets to distribute to everyone.

All her friends have passed and they spend some time discussing future plans..

He returns with boxes of sweets and gives it to Mullai and Anandhi...

Kn: Annae naan kettae kaju katli vanguniyah?

K: Indhae da...

An: Dei ellathayum nee yae saapudathae da...cashew nut verae...approm vaiyuru vallikae pohuthu..

K: (laughing) ippo Anandhi sonnalae...idhae kettuko...

He smiles at Anandhi...

Kanna stares at his brother thoughtfully...

Kn: Rombhae naallaiku approm...ippadi irruke annae..paakae nallae irruku..

And at that moment, Mullai feels a pang...she wishes she had a sibling too.

Kn: Naan yen friends eh poie pakkae poren..anni kitte solliru nae..

He walks off and the suddenly comes rushing back to them..

Kn: Marks evalo nu kettah..theriyathu nu sollu...naan vanthu sollikuren...

K: Seri...periyae annae varathu ku munnadi vanthuru da...

Kanna waves and talking with someone over the phone ...he leaves..

Soon Mullai and Anandhi say their goodbye to Kathir and walk home..

The rest of the day is spent in basking in her parents' pride at her achievement, making phone calls and shopping for the next day.

*********

That evening, Parvathy informs them that she is going to the temple with Kasthuri and that she will come home late along with Jaga.. Murugan tells her that he will be visiting his sister along with the girls..

Pa: Marakkamae sweet eduthuttu pongae...

Mu: Seri seri...

And as usual after giving instructions she leaves the house excited to tell her friends in the Temple that Mullai has passed her exams..

They reach PS home a little later than expected..

Both the girls get blessings from Lakshmi Amma and Dhanam is so proud of them..

She immediately wants them to have dinner...

The girls tell her that they will eat afterwards along with her...

She serves Murugan who is sitting near his sister's feet and both the siblings talk and laugh and exchange stories about relatives..

Kanna, Mullai and Anandhi go and sit in the thinnai and start talking about movies...

Soon Kanna and Anandhi are in a friendly, age old argument about who is better...

Thala or Thalapathy?

Mullai just smiles and listens....her ears perk up and her heart starts beating faster and she glances to the road as she hears the familiar sound of Kathir's bike.

He is so surprised to see Mullai...

He smiles his happy smile...

Kn: Annae nee sollu...Thalapathy ethanae hits kuduthirkaru...Thalae ethanae flop padom nu ennaevey mudiyathu...

Kathir laughs...

K: Naan indhae vambukkey varalae pah...mothalae poie kuzhichittu varen...

Soon they hear Dhanam calling them for dinner...

They all sit in a tiny circle next to the kitchen and Dhanam serves them..

Mullai doesn't even taste what food she is eating...

She is so distracted by Kathir...

He is right next to her...

And he smells of Mysore sandal soap, clinic plus shampoo and a citrusy smell of his body spray..

So clean and fresh...

His freshly scrubbed face is so warm and open and his hair is a little wet from his recent bath and the hair that curls against his collar taunts her...as if daring her to touch it now.

The way his Kaapu dances in his wrist as he eats..

The way his throat moves when he drinks water...

The kitchen is already hot...she knows that her face is flushed...

Hopefully Dhanam won't notice that she has barely eaten anything and has finished first...

She receives a phone call, asking Mullai to serve food, she goes to the back where the signal is better to answer it.

Kathir holds out his plate and Mullai serves him...

She is willing to do this for him all through her life..

An acute pining fills her heart...

She imagines how her life will be...here by his side...as his wife...

And she ends up getting emotional.. She hates it that these days whenever she is around him or just thinks about him..she starts crying or gets irritated.

Once everyone finishes eating, Dhanam refuses their help in clearing up and sends them out of the kitchen with sweet boxes.

All four head out together...

Mu: Dhanam...periyae maaplae eppo varuvaru?

Dh: Innaiki konjam late ahum chitthappa...neengae wait pannungae..amma ippo dhan phone pannagae...chitthiyum anniyum koilukku pakkathulae yaaro sonthakarngae veetukku poierkangae...avangae varathukkum late ahumah...

Mu: Mani 9.30 avuthu...innerathuku yaar veetuku poierpa...

L: Vidu da...ennikachon dhanae porae...nee ingiyae innum konjae neram iru...

Mu: Seri ka...

The current goes off all of a sudden..

A collective groan erupts from the youngsters..

Kn: Cha...Ippo dhan TV leh..Maari 2 pakkalam nu nenachae...current poieduchae...

M: Dei andhae padathae Vijay TV la daily pottu kollurangae...nee yen da etho first time pakkae miss pannitae mari scene podurae?

Kn: Naan Sai Pallavi kagae aiyiram thadava koodae pappen..

An: Ohhhh appadi pohuthae kathae... She teases him..

To be continued....