Chapter Eleven

Stormy stepped on to the little dock behind Seth. He walked to the end and leaned over the railing, looking down at the water. Stormy stood back and watched him. She was still so much in love with him it was almost pure agony that she couldn't tell him. That she couldn't have him. He was getting married in less than hour and half. And he's here with me where he shouldn't be. How does my taking him away from his wedding make me any different than Eve? This is just the kind of move she would make. With the jagged piece of glass in her heart that Eve was right. She was the winner, Stormy walked to the end of the dock and stopped beside Seth.

"You need to go now. I'm fine and Emily will pick me up later." She told him as she looked out over the water. Seth didn't look at her as he spoke.

"Why do you want me to leave?"

"Because you're getting married. You should be there getting ready for that and not standing with me in the park." Stormy answered his question as she took in his white tux. He stood out in the park that was filled with people in casual wear. They were getting more than a few odd looks.

"I can't leave you when I know you're hurting." Seth told her quietly. He turned to face her and saw the pain cross her face. "What's wrong? What happened in that house that has you in so much pain?"

Stormy closed her eyes. It was done too late to tell Seth what kind of person Eve was. She couldn't tell him what happened in the house or what's happened in the past few weeks. Not with him getting married within the hour. Or should that be a reason to tell him. Stormy didn't know what to do. She felt torn inside. Tell Seth and keep him with her or push him back in Eve's arms because of the money and her parents. Lord, I don't know what to do. What if Seth didn't believe me about Eve? What if she has already poisoned him with lies about me? Am I doing wrong having Seth here with me? Stormy hated the feeling in her heart at how right her and Seth felt. How can those feelings be true when he was engaged to her cousin? Her cell phone started ringing in her purse. She pulled it out and could feel Seth's eyes on her.

"It's my mom." She said barely in a whisper. She looked up at Seth as his phone started ringing in his shirt pocket. Seth pulled his cell phone out. Stormy muted her cell.

"Eve." Seth hit the mute button and lowered it before looking at Stormy.

"You're not going to answer it?"

"You're not answering yours."

"Because I fought with my mom. Eve is fixing to be your wife." Stormy reminded him as her message tone started playing. She opened the text. "Emily." It vibrated again. "Eve."

"There's mine again." Seth looked at his phone. "Zoey, Justin and Ryan. Not sure I want to read Ryan's."

"Which is why you need to go make up with Eve and get Ryan back as a bother in-law that likes you." Suggested Stormy as she turned him toward the parking lot. "I'll text Emily later to come get me."

"I already said I wasn't leaving until I know what happened to you." With cell phone in hand he took her hands in his. "Talk to me, Storm."

Stormy let out a frustrated sigh. "Don't do this to me Seth. I can't answer any of those questions!"

"Why not?" Demanded Seth letting go of her hands in frustration. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell." He tried to take her hands again, but she pulled them away.

"Your engaged Seth. You shouldn't be holding my hands. You shouldn't even want to hold my hands." Stormy said crossing her arms to keep them safe from Seth's caring touch. "I shouldn't have came to you today."