Chapter: 1

I limped my way into the store, brain wide awake. It was 12:34 AM. My eye scattered around the small store. Not being able to keep my eyes focused on anymore for more than 5-10 seconds.

My ears started to ring, and a massive headace hit me. I squeezed my eye shut and held my ears.

I continued to walk, but accidentally bumped into someone. I stepped back, opening my eye to see a tall slender man in front of me. My vision was blurry and I didn't look at his face.

"Sorry." I say quickly, before pushing my way around him. He said something that I didn't quite catch.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a vodka. I walked over to the chips section and grabbed flaming hot cheetos.

I held the items in my hands, limping around the store. I looked like I had gotten out of a huge fight, covered in bruises and scars. But the main thing that stood out from me, was the bandages on my face. I had a bandage on my head, covering my forehead. I had another bandage covering my right eye. That bandage was stained with my blood.

I walked up to the cashier, who looked up at me in surprise.

"Jeez. What happened to you?" He asked, taking a closer look at me.

I didn't have time to answer his question, and I was in a bitchy mood, so I didn't answer him.

"Do you have melatonin?" I asked, my eyes fluttering around the store.

"Y-" "scratch that. Just plain simple sleeping pills? Y'know, to knock someone right out in seconds?" I growled, interrupting the cashier.

As suspicious as my request was, I wasn't going to kidnapp someone. I have insomnia and melatonin isn't strong enough for me anymore.

"Yeah." The cashier said, grabbing the pills and handing them to me. I put the items I was carrying on the desk, paying for them.

I saw the same dude I ran into, he was next to me. I looked at him, he was staring at me with a concerned look on his face.

I turned back at the things I had payed for, shoving them in my backpack and walked away.

I stopped in my track's, turning to see a metal knife. A pocket knife. I knew if I bought this, it would be more suspicious.

I walked over to it, gently grabbing it. I was about to go pay for it, then I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I jumped, turning around.

I see the same guy, accept, he looked older. At least in his 60's or 70's.

"Whatchu going to d-do with that?" He asked, almost concerned.

I looked down at the pocket knife in my hand.

"H-hurt myself..." I say very quietly.

"What?" The man asks again.

I put the knife back, knowing I already have one in my back pocket.

I turn to walk away, but the man stops me, I turn around and face him, my face cut and bruised, my eyes dull but aware.

He stares at me, examining my wounds.

"Who did this to you?" He growls low. I never seen anyone concerned for me, but I don't answer him. I turn to walk away again, but to feel a hand on my wrist, pulling me back.

I yelp in pain, pulling my arm away from him.

"W-who hurt you!?" He snaps, his face close to mine. I widen my eyes with fear. He was very intimidating.

"She did..." I say in almost a whisper, but the man must have heard me.

"Who is 'she'?" He growls again, getting closer to my face. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"I did." I snarl, stepping back, and walking away. I walked away just in time to see the look on his face. Full of shock.