Chapter 3

Bella's Point of View

My fingers hover on the red button. I could just press that button and it would stop ringing. But something in my chest made me move my finger and click on the green one.

The phone still rested on my palm, I made no effort to move it by my ear. A voice was heard from the device, his voice was deep, and almost painful for me to hear.

No, it was painful.

"Bella? Please talk to me." He pleaded. My hand was shaking. I wanted to calm down, end the call and leave, I couldn't. Subconsciously, I moved the phone to my ear.

"What do you want?" I whimpered, god I was pathetic. I swear I heard his breath hitch. And then something thudded in the background. "Oh my god, Bella! Where the hell are you?!"

"Why in the world would you care, huh?" All the blood rushed into my face. "Don't actually pretend you care..." "Bells, you know I do. I always-"

I had to bite my lip to contain in a small cry. "No, no you don't Jacob."

He growled at the other end of the line.

"Do me a favor. Don't call me again, alright? I'm just the girl carrying a leech's baby, that turned out to know you but no longer does."

He started to protest but I stopped him.

"Don't worry, I won't be coming back," I chuckled bitterly. "This is probably, no this is, the last time you'll see me."

"No, Bells, listen to me.."

With a wince, I opened my mouth and uttered the words that shattered me even more.

"Goodbye Jacob, I love you."

The phone fell out of my hands and clattered onto the floor. It was suddenly hot and loud in the bathroom and all I wanted to do is silence everything. Until I realized the loud noise was me.

I was sobbing and I didn't know how I was going to stop crying.

They say things get better, but they don't. You just get used to it.
-