Preface:

"I'll be back Michael! I'm going to the post office!" Maddison, my wife, said as she grabbed her car keys.

"But it's raining and thundering outside." I said as I followed her to the door.

"I know babe but you know our bills are due and I need to get our mail." She said as she pressed a hand on my cheek. I sighed and nodded as she put the hood of her raincoat over her head.

"Be careful Maddie." I said as I kissed her forehead. "I will babe." She grabbed the umbrella by the door and left. I watched her from the door as she backed out and left. I closed the door shut and leaned against it. I couldn't help but feel like something isn't right with her. Why would she go to the post office even while it rained?

I was now in the room, my back against the headboard. It's been awhile since Maddie left and I was starting to worry. She's never been gone for that long. I threw my legs over the bed as I suddenly heard the phone ring.

"Is this Michael Jackson, husband of Maddison Jackson?" They asked.

"Yes, who's asking?"

"My name is Dr. Jones and I'm calling from Memorial hospital. Your wife was in an accident."

I froze as the man said those words. I dropped the phone and quickly got up. I went crazy trying to find my shoes and car keys. When I did find it, I ran out of the house. I didn't care if it rained on me, I needed to get to the hospital.

Once I made it to the hospital safely, I ran inside. I went to the front desk and asked for my wife. They told me to wait in the waiting area for the doctor to come out and talk to me about her condition. I sat down in one of the chairs and held my head in my hands. I tried to keep myself from crying and possibly control my breathing.

"Mr. Jackson?" A voice spoke. I looked up and seen a man in a white coat and knew it had to have been the doctor. "I'm Dr. Jones, the one that spoke to you on the phone. Your wife has been in a terrible accident. Her car slid off the road and she ran into a tree. She hit her head pretty hard and she might suffer from amnesia."

"W-What?" Was all I could say to the man. "Could I see her?"

"Yes sir, it is possible for you to see her." He said. I stood up and followed him to the room Maddie resided. We walked inside the room and I gasped as I looked at her. She had a gash on her forehead, her face was bruised, and a busted lip.

"It's a miracle she's still alive. She didn't have her seatbelt on when they found her.." I pulled a chair closer to her bed and sat down while grabbing her hand and holding it tight.

"Why did you have to go Maddie..it could have waited." I whispered.

I should have stopped her.

"Mr. Jackson, would you like for me to leave you..." He trailed off and I knew what he was hinting at. I nodded and he walked out the door.

"I love you baby, please wake up..I need you."