Chapter 3: Ladder

----->>>>well here's part 3, man i'm starting to think that this is a one shot? Dont' you think so too? well hope you guys enjoy! Leave a vote if you like it! :)

 You woke up, everything around you wet. Your father held you in his arms, running through an alleyway. It was raining, and there were feet running behind you and your father. Two pairs of feet.

"Daddy...?" you whimpered.
"Shh (y/n), we need to leave." He turned around the dark corners of London and tried to escape the following feet, but couldn't. A man covered in red and a man dressed in black appeared in front of you and your father, making your father halt from his running. The man who was covered in red smiled widely, exposing his sharp, white teeth.

***

You sat up, gasping for air. You had the same dream again, you'd had it for days. You looked out the window, hoping to see sunshine, but it was raining. Still raining. Rain for the past four days, you'd had the same dream. The two men killing your parents.
"(y/n)?" a voice said, the squeaky noise of a metal cart's wheel's accompanying it. "You're awake."
"Claude... I had it again."
"Again? For the past four days, you've been having the same dream."
"It happens every time it rains, I'm used to it. Just before I came here, it was more... Vivid." He rolled the cart next to the bed, and sat down.
"Why do you think... Why do you think it's better now? I'm not saying it isn't scary to you, I'm just saying now it's less vivid."
"I think it's because you come to sleep with me each night when I go to sleep. The thought of you calms me down, just another human being here with me..." Claude's eyes came to widen a bit. No one had called him human in a while. "It makes me feel calm... That I'm not alone..."
"(y/n), I'll always be here to protect you, and as long as I'm here, no one will harm you." He handed you a cup, steaming, with a sweet smell.
"That isn't tea, what is it?" You took the cup and stared at the hot drink.
"Hot milk, with a bit of honey. I thought it would calm you down more than my words." 
You blinked, and the bewildered look on your face said everything. "I don't know about that..."
"Try it." You blew at it, and took a sip, the heat burning your tongue and lips. Though, it tasted nice...
"It's good, Claude." 
He smiled at your words, and glanced at the clock. He stood up. "Excuse me, I have to go wake up His Highness. I'll be expecting to see you working by the time I'm done treating his needs for the morning."
"I will, I will. Stop scolding me to do work and do some yourself." He smiled at your annoyance when you noticed his hair had been changed. You flung the sheets off your legs and walked over to him and stood on your toes, fixing his hair. It was put all to one side, when it was usually split to the right.
"(y/n), what are you doing?" 
"I'm fixing your hair, what does it look like?"
"Well, all I can see is your neck, so I'm not too sure what you're doing above me, considering you are smaller than me."
"I am not smaller than you, I am shorter than you." 
"You sure are careful with your vocabulary, my lady."
You hadn't scolded him in awhile about this but you decided to do it for old time's sake. "Not. A. Noble. Claude."
He sighed, the small smile disappearing from his face. "Alright, if you say so." He lifted you up, then gently placed you back on the floor. "It would be best to retire now, (y/n)."
"Alright, alright. I have to get dressed you know. Could you leave? You have work to do of your own."
"Of course." He bowed slightly and left your room.
You fell onto your bed, making it creak. Sighing, you closed your eyes. "How much longer is it going to rain..."

***

"Now, now, we can't have you running off like that, now can we?" he said.

"Please, just take me and leave my daughter alone." your father pleaded, and the man in black pushed his glasses up.

"That's all we needed. Your wife did just the same, it was a good thing she gave up easy."

"No... You already took her?"

"That's correct, is it Grell?" he addressed both your father and the man in red, who now had a name.

"Yes, it is. I slashed her pretty little chest open to see her magnificent Cinematic Record. Now, let's do the same with her husband, Will."

***

You reached and jumped, trying to reach the top of the large window. Claude had a thing about no ladders, just in case someone is using one and walks under the ladder or bumps into the foot of the ladder and the person using the ladder falls down and dies or something. Hannah said that since he met you at the market for the first time, he became softer, kind, and worrisome and it was strange to both the other servants and Alois alike.
"Come- On. Why are these stupid windows so freaking big?" You jumped again and stretched your arms out in the hopes of getting to the top, but failed once again. "Stupid- Window- Installation." You spun around in hope that no one was there, and no one was. "Where are the damn ladders in this place?" You ran around every corner, dress patting your thighs with every step, hoping no one would catch you. Your maid's outfit consisted of a long sleeved lavender dress and white apron going up to your mid-thigh. White stockings covered your legs, mary janes covering your feet and you tied your hair up with a purple ribbon.
You found a large dark closet with cleaning supplies in it, and a ladder was at the very back of the closet. "Yes!" You ran to the back of the closet and grabbed the ladder. When you turned around to leave, the door slammed on you, the only light in the room two pairs of pink eyes, black slits in them. 
"C.... Clau..." You couldn't bundle up enough strength to even say his name.
"Miss (y/n), you'll have to come with me. I wouldn't want to upset the young master. After all, I am one hell of a butler." The pink eyes seemed to come closer and then everything went black.

***

"What..." your father muttered. "What will you do with her?" He meant you, of course.

"We'll make sure she's taken care of. Now, are you ready for now?" Grell pulled a cord on his... Machine and the blades started spinning. "Put the girl down."

"(y/n), stay safe." He placed you against the wall of the building next to you, and you watched in horror as each of the men pierced him. Blood spurted from his chest, and you faintly saw a black and blue light coming from his wounds.

"Daddy... Daddy!" you screamed, watching as he fell to the ground. You turned to Will, who instead of the pruner he was holding before, was now holding a knife. "What... What did you do to Daddy...?"

"We put him to sleep... Eternal sleep." he replied, taking his blood covered glasses off of the bridge of his nose. "Go to sleep... If I may ask, what is your name?"

"(y/n)."

"(y/n), sleep. We'll bring you somewhere safe." He cleaned his glasses before crouching down to talk to you, to assure you. You nodded and closed your eyes, Will picking you up in his strong arms.

"We'll meet again, (y/n)....."

***

"That was some trouble, (y/n)." You woke up, jumping every time he leaped from one place to another.
"Claude...?"
"I... I'm sorry, (y/n)."
"What? Why?"
"I... I said I would protect you... Just earlier, I didn't. What will become of me...?"
"Claude, it's alright, everyone makes promises, and sometimes they break them. That one, in this case, is fine. Don't be harsh on yourself."
"I lied, (y/n). It's in a Demon's nature to lie, but not in a butler's."
"A... A Demon..."