MEET DANSON....

"Danson dear! Get up or else you'll be late for school! "
"Ill be down in a sec, aunt Jessica! "he yelled back.

It was the worst part of the week, Monday morning. Though he made his aunt Jessica think he enjoyed school he dreaded the hell house.

He struggled to untangle himself from his blanket which had awkwardly wound itself around his left leg. As he made the last effort, he lost his balance and fell on the floor with a thud!

"Danson dear! Are you okay?? "

"Im fine Jessica! "he retorted trying as much as possible to hide his frustration.

"Just great! "he sighed trotting towards the bathroom. As he looked at himself in the cabinet mirror, he noticed that he had a bump on the left side of his forehead. As if he wasn't awkward enough,, he thought to himself.

He reached for some ointment and gently rubbed on the bump trying as much not to scream in pain. But he was used to such bad luck, after all, he was Danson Hayes.

After few minutes of shoddy grooming, he came out ready for breakfast. There wasn't much to do anyway, unlike the rest of his peers he left his hair unkempt and clad into the first piece of clothing that he saw in his disorganised closet.

As he came downstairs, he couldn't help but drool over the aroma of frying bacon his aunt had left him on the dining table.

"Eat up fast, your almost late,,, oh and today come straight home its your birthday and you know the routine "his aunt said out of nowhere.She almost startled the poor boy.

"But Jessica, I have this thing with a friend, we're supposed to play video games,I forgot that today was my birthday and,,,, "

His aunt didn't want to hear any of it, "Danson dear, you know this tradition means a lot to me, please just make it in time. "

Her eyes seemed almost like they were begging.

Okay,Ill be there but so will James, I can't just blow him off.

"No!just you and thats final, now hurry up and get to school! "her expression always changed in a heartbeat when defied,, but she knew she was doing this for his sake.

Ok,, bye Jessica see you in the evening, he said as he quickly rushed for the exit.He hated being yelled at as much as her aunt hated defiance.

4 o'clock sharp, don't be late,, as he took a last glimpse at her, he knew she meant it. But Danson had decided he would not make it this year, reason being, it was the most awkward part of he's life,,he could always remember going to the party but never leaving,, its like he skips all his birthdays,, but unwillingly.

His thoughts were cut short by the beeping of the yellow school bus that halted in front of him.
"Get in or get lost!! "
Larry the down on luck driver bellowed at him.
This was the hardest part of the day. He crossed his fingers hopping that James Mayers,, his longtime bestie had saved him a seat. He got in with his head lowered unable to lock eyes with his peers who seemingly judged his every action.
He managed to gather up enough courage to raise his head and find James.
All eyes were glued on him as he heard others mumbling about how awkward he waa.
Just then, he tripped!
He fell right on top of Bianca Miller,,the school's head cheerleader