Prologue

Year 21XX A.D.

On a seemingly normal day, small multicolored gems began to fall from the sky. Their origin, at first, was completely unknown. Something like this was only ever seen in fictional stories, totally out of the realm of reality. Scientists and powerful figures around the world began to research these gems, finding that they were fueled with a powerful energy source never before seen.

But, only a few days after research began, something else fell to the Earth. A large orb, similar to the size of the moon, hovered to the surface. It called itself The Paragon. Its voice was loud enough for every human on Earth to hear. The Paragon revealed that it was the being that "blessed" humanity with the gems. It called them "Cores" and said that they possess power that no human has ever witnessed or wielded.

Another month passed. Research on the Cores progressed immensely. Scientists learned many ways to use the energy inside Cores to power machinery. It was a new age for Humanity, starting with the Cores. The calendar year was reset to signify the changing times. The Paragon became a religious figure to some, seeing it as a God that granted them this heavenly blessing. But, suddenly, it spoke once again.

It said, "Now that you have learned to harness the power of Cores, we can begin." The Paragon then shattered into eight separate pieces, each piece shrinking to the size of a smartphone. However, its voice could still be heard. "The first human to combine all eight pieces will see their greatest dream come true. Your time is indefinite. Thank you for taking part in this test,"

The eight pieces, later named Artifacts, were then scattered across the world. Some deep underground, some high in the skies, and some completely unknown. And thus began the race for the Artifacts of The Paragon.

Year 153 A.P.

Now, 153 years after The Paragon arrived on Earth, the Artifacts are sill separated. Some had found them, but were either killed for them or refused to give them up. They caused wars and battles, many losing their lives. In fact, the Artifacts are so mysterious, that they became a sort of urban legend among the people. And there's one boy who has been listening to those urban legends all his life. His name is Arcus Struna, 17-years-old, and he's ready to set out and find all eight artifacts. It won't be easy, but he's prepared for anything that comes his way.

 It won't be easy, but he's prepared for anything that comes his way