08 | CHAPTER EIGHT

THE MARCH HOUSE HOLD WAS IN A CRAZE. MR.MARCH was currently greatly ill and Marmee was going to go out to where he is to take care of him. Lily and Amy helped pack Marmee's bag while Beth was trying not to cry, Hannah and Meg were running around getting the stuff and giving it to Lily and Amy while Jo was at Aunt March's.

"Is Jo back from Aunt March's?" Marmee asked worry filled in her voice. "No not yet." Lily spoke closing the small suitcase. "I can't miss my train." Marmee spoke grabbing the suitcase. In came Mr.Laurence and Laurie. Lily was trying her best to ignore Laurie since Jo had confessed her feelings for him, hoping that ignoring him would make hers go away.

"What can I do?" Laurie asked hugging Beth. "If I may be anymore assistance, please let me know. I'll check in on the girls everyday without fail." Mr.Laurence spoke, the words aimed at Marmee. "Thank you for everything." Marmee said a small smile on her face though it didn't stay long. "I always had admired your husband, and I pray for a quick recovery." Mr.Laurence said nodding his head.

"While i'm gone, Hannah is in charge and please remember to check on the Hummel's. It will be a difficult winter for everyone." Said Marmee looking around at her children. At that Jo pushed through a door a stack of money in her hand.

"Is this enough?" She asked putting it in Marmee's hand. "Twenty-five dollars! It isn't like Aunt March to be this generous!" Marmee spoke and Lily nodded. Even when she's rich she still doesn't give back. "I didn't go to Aunt March's. Couldn't bare to." Jo said shaking her head. Lily's eyebrows furrowed. "What did you sell then?" Marmee asked confused.

"I only sold what was my own." Jo said as she took of her cap to reveal her shorten hair. Lily gasped and stepped back nearly tripping but Laurie caught her put her back up right. "Thank you." She mumbled taking her hands out of his grasp.

"It doesn't affect the will of nation, so don't wail." Jo said watching everyone's reaction. "I'm so proud your my daughter." Marmee spoke giving Jo a hug. After letting go Jo ran into Laurie's arms as the two hugged.

Lily scoffed and rolled her eyes walked away towards the back door. "Where are you going Lils?" Amy asked as everyone faced her. Though she didn't answer and opened the door and slammed it shut making the whole small house shake. Laurie leaned down to Jo, "What's up with her?" He asked. Jo shook her head, "I'm not sure."

_______

LILY HAD SAT IN HER GARDEN FOR 2 HOURS BEFORE deciding to walk around town. While she sat in the garden she could still hear Laurie and Jo which made her cry. Tears strung her eyes and cheeks. She didn't want to cry anymore and she didn't have anything better to do. She needed to get her mind off of what was happening and what better then walking around.

She looked down at her shoes counting her steps which normally calmed her down. When she ran into a tall figure. She looked up and there was Noah, the boy she had seen at the dance. She smiled up at the boy as she regain her balance. "Keep falling for me eh?" Noah teased holding the girl up right.

Lily jokingly rolled her eyes, "You wish." She said waving her arm. He raised in eyebrow and brought his hand to her cheek, "Have you been crying?" He asked softly. Lily grabbed his hand and brought it down, "Just having a rough day, that is all." She said, "No need to worry." She added.

He nodded and gave her hand a small squeeze. "Care to join me in a walk around town?" He asked and Lily happily nodded. The two walked around town, talking and laughing, their hands still intact.

The two were having a great time and Lily totally forgot all about Laurie and Jo with him. He made her happy. She made him happy. "And then I fell down my stairs, and Annie yelled at me for ruining her carpet on the stairs!" Noah said making the two burst out laughing.

She stopped laughing when she saw the boy she was trying to forget. Theodore Laurence. He looked at her then to Noah then to their interwind hands before Lily looked away finally listening to Noah who looked down at her in worry. "Is everything alright?" He asked his accent slipping through.

Lily looked at him and smiled a genuine smile, "It wasn't until you made everything better." She spoke squeezing his hand. Noah smiled at the girl slipped in arm through her waist and pulled her closer.

Lily looked back at Laurie who was still staring at the two. The two locked eyes but Lily just rolled her eyes at the boy and looked away. "Hey would you like to come over and have tea with me tomorrow?" Noah asked the girl, "I want to introduce you to my parents and my younger brother." He added smiling down at the shorter girl.

Lily nodded her head, "If their as lovely as you, I definitely want to meet them." She said as she leaned her head on the boys shoulder. He smiled as the two started to walk back to Lily's house.

She smiled at the boy and leaned in and pecked his check before waving goodbye to him and opening the door and walking in. Immediately everyone rushed to hug her, Meg, Jo, Amy, and Beth. "We were so worried about you!" Meg spoke, "Yeah!" Beth and Amy added in, "We sent Laurie to get you, but he saw you with another boy and thought you were safe." Jo said as Lily just stared at her other three sisters.

Amy gasped and started to jump, "Whats his name? Is he cute? Is he rich? Did you kiss!" Lily laughed and everyone sat down. "His name is Noah." Lily spoke making Meg gasp, "That cute boy from the party?" And Lily nodded. She turned towards Amy once more, "Yes he's adorable, he is rich, and no we did not kiss." Making Meg, Beth, and Amy all boo her for not kissing him.

Hannah stepped in, "Girls, I believe you all need to go to sleep now." She said as all the girls groaned. The all fumbled up the steps and to their rooms. Meg and Lily said goodnight to Hannah as the door was shut and the two laid down.

About 15 minutes later, Meg spoke up, neither of them asleep. "Are you over Laurie? Or are you just using Noah to get over him." Meg asked. Somehow Meg knew everything. Lily sighed, "I like Noah. I really do, and Laurie has Jo." She said. Meg nodded and they both fell asleep.