Sunday Morning

Isn't surprising how we're all just waiting for the heavens to take us away with its wings hoping that we're really flying along it onto its sanctuary.

Another day it is, I opened my eyes and saw the cream colored ceiling with the reflection of the glass door because of the sunlight's power.

I had blink twice, thrice and I ended up squishing my eyes as it still feels drowsy as ever. I lifted my left arm reaching for the alarm clock feeling that it would go off any minute.

I turned on my left side seeing the messy clothes and panties all over the floor, having my wooden chair occupied with clothes that may or may not be used again.

I lifted my leg feeling the same feeling all over again-heavier as usual. I closed my eyes again as I push my own body to sit onto the bed leaving my legs hanging onto the edge of the bed. My left hand pushed itself to create some force to lift this dull body up. The cream painted walls all over is all I have as a witness of my existence and the TV with an unusual antenna in front of my bed.

I was wondering why it took so long for the alarm clock to take its part on my ears, so I turned to it again, forcefully opening my eyes while exerting a sigh as it displays '7:59am". I stared at it, and stared at it until it turned to a minute after.

It started making noise. I lifted my hand without my body moving seeing if I could reach the nightstand that has my alarm clock on.

"Ugh." Nope. I can't. It is still so far away from where I am sitting. I shouldn't have sat until my clock went off. I lifted my chin a little bit and left my mouth agape as my eyes gets a clear view of the plain ceiling again leaving a sigh with each turn. I finally leant to be able to reach the alarm clock stopping it at 8:04.

I lifted my naked body while my whole arms' still hanging on its own like a pendulum with my stance and posture broken as it can be. I took a step, and a step and a step and a step towards the kitchen having the cold breeze hug me as it's the only thing that did all these years.

Ever since my parents died out of a fire leaving me here in states alone I tried so bad to study and as soon as I succeeded, I had been looking for a job. I couldn't be happier than ever.

This is the living that I yearned for. Stable job as an accountant. Stable income. Stable house, within this 15-storey condominium. Stable life. I'm just so happy that I'm just waiting for the heavens to take me away with it.

I walked into the kitchen with an intent to open the refrigerator. With its cold and smooth surface, I opened the door uncovering a whole load of air and nothing inside it. I stayed there for more than 10 seconds hoping that magically something would appear in front of me, but unfortunately, I had failed, nothing, none, plain. I again, lifted my head and left my mouth hanging. I exerted a sigh as I put my head back. My eyes had grown to shrink as I take steps to go back to my bed.

Ugh. Sundays.

I had arrived in front of my bed clearly for it to stare at mine. I had fallen down face front out of weakness.

Ugh. Heavens where are you? I'm contented, you can take me.

My leg kept on hanging on the edge of the bed having it to feel little pinches all over meaning that the blood had problems getting through. So I moved a bit upward in an awkwardly worm matter. I squeezed and dragged my own body onto the bed along my lazy arm.

The sunlight had now got my back tanning. I had almost fallen asleep again if it just weren't for the excessive heat that the sunlight brought to me. I slowly dragged my head to look up to the clock seeing how much I had spent before going to work-for Monday.