Part 4

"Hey, did I leave my notebook in the living room?" You asked, letting your tea bag soak in the mug Tom always saved for you. It was an unspoken rule, that dark blue cup with the constellations on it from his mother was yours only. You mentioned how beautiful it was once, and Tom remembered.

It went on the list with the others.

"You mean the one with the polaroid on the cover? No, it's not in here." Tom called back, scrolling through Netflix to find a movie for the both of you. He'd just come back from the junket for Spies in Disguise, and he immediately called his best friend over to spend the day with him.

Well, it was supposed to be more than just another day.

Because today he was going to tell you he loved you.

"Hmm, maybe I left it in my bag upstairs. I'll get it when I'm done with the tea." You said, setting your mug down on the counter. It looked like it needed sugar, so you rootled around for the little jar Tom kept in one of his cabinets.

"Don't worry, I'll go get it!" Tom said from the couch, his nerves beginning to make him jittery. He thought that while you were in the kitchen, picking a movie would help him calm down. But he couldn't focus on any of the descriptions, and Tom could feel his heart beat faster and faster.

He needed to get up for a few minutes.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to pick the movie then?" You teased, knowing very well Tom hadn't found a movie yet. It was a bit of a running gag, him never being able to pick a movie. You would bite your lip to stop from laughing when he eventually got frustrated and handed you the remote.

And even in his nervous state, Tom still grinned because of you.

"Yeah, yeah, like you're any better. We've seen The Avengers twice!" He shot back, a smirk on his lips when he heard you scoff in the kitchen. Apart from your smile, making you jokingly annoyed was Tom's favorite thing. He liked how cute you were when he teased you.

"Shut up and get my notebook, Tommy!" You laughed, and Tom felt his cheeks warm at the sound.

God you were so fucking perfect.

When Harrison woke up, he almost forgot where he was. But then his vision cleared and there you were, lying in the hospital bed. Harrison's heart clenched at the sight, remembering the events of last night that landed you here with an IV in your arm. He sat up and stretched, the old wooden chair squeaking against the floor.

The sound was what made you stir, your mind waking up from the dream.

"Harrison?" You whispered, your eyes adjusting to the dim lights in the room. The hospital bed you'd fallen asleep in the night before seemed to glow next to you, but you realized it was just an IV hooked up in your arm. Harrison smiled softly, getting up and coming to stand by your side.

"Hey, you were out like a light." He said, handing you the glass of water a nurse had brought. You gratefully brought it to your lips, feeling a little dehydrated from whatever fluids were in the IV bag. Harrison gave your free hand a squeeze before crossing to the windows, playing with the blinds to let some sun in.

"How long have you been here?" You asked, playing with the sheets mindlessly. Harrison thought about lying, telling you he'd only arrived a few minutes ago. Because he knew you'd feel bad about it, but you could always tell when he lied.

"Since last night. I stayed here, didn't want you to be alone." Harrison replied, and you frowned almost immediately. You felt bad enough that he'd driven you to the hospital on his day off, but knowing that he'd also spent the night sleeping in an uncomfortable, crappy chair didn't help with the guilt.