The Portal

The cover of this is not mine, I just colored it in since it wasn't colored in when I found it. So yeah... up above is the original.
"Jay, this better not blow up." Cole said, as him and the other ninjas went outside to where Jay's latest invention was.
   "Don't worry it won't!" The lightning ninja replied, racing forward and uncovering the machine. "At least I hope it doesn't," he said a lot more quietly. Unfortunately, everyone heard him and felt a lot more nervous about his invention.
   "So what's it supposed to do again?" Kai asked Jay. Jay went over to a lever on the side of the machine, after having pressed a few buttons on it.
   "It's supposed to  send us all back or forward in time!" He replied.
   "Jay, time travel is imposs-" Zane started to say, but it was too late. Jay had already pulled the lever on the machine. A lightning bolt shot out of an antenna that was on the machine, and hit the power line. Jay gulped, knowing he messed up big time. The lightning put out every light in the area, and then it shot back down in front of the ninjas. When it hit the ground, a neon blue portal appeared.
   "Jay what did you do!?" Kai asked, shouting slightly. The blue ninja couldn't answer, because they were all sucked into the portal. The portal closed, and the machine exploded, creating a small crater in the ground. The ninjas were gone, and it didn't look like they were getting back any time soon.