day one

Max P.O.V

I woke up, that was about it. I went outside my tent to eat breakfast. I got there to have to same food ive had everyday. Its just another day of stupid camp.

"Hi Max!" Nikki told me with a big grin on her face.

"Hi, Nikki," I replied, i turned to Nikki and her grin started to fade. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I um... yeah," 

"Okay," I said but i wanted to keep an eye out. Nikki got  up and left the cafeteria. I looked up at her while she did so, nobody noticed. When she closed the door, i got up and followed her. I sneaked around, following her. She ended the hunt by going into the tent. I went close to it.

I heard noises. crying noises. I heard a vibration coming from her tent. i listened closely.

"Why, please just care, care about something, maybe me." 

Was she talking about me? i thought to myself. should i go in? Fuck it.

"Knock knock, Nikki you in there?" 

"Yeah, one second!" She replied. i waited. "Okay come in."

As i was going in, i thought, i'm doing all of this for Nikki. why? Why Nikki, do i like her? Maybe i do, god dammit i do. 

"Are you sure your okay?" I asked

"I told you, i'm fine."

"Are you sure sure, you seem less energetic than usual."

"Wait, why do you care, I thought you didn't care about anything?"

"I, uh, I don't know, i just do"

"I, just, I, I like you okay?!" Nikki said as she put her face in her elbows, prepared for rejection.

"I, uh, do too."

"Wait what?"

"I like you too."

"Thank god i just, just-" She interrupted herself and just hugged me. She trampled me and we just lay there in peace. 

"We should probably get back," i said.

"Yeah we should, wait, should we keep this secret?"

"Yes, if this gets out i'm getting bullied easy."

"Okay!" Nikki said with a big grin on her face, and getting off of me "ill scope it out... no one, c'mon." I got up and no one was there, so we headed back to the cafeteria. 

"Where were you guys, Neil asked.

"Nowhere!" Nikki yelled.

"Oh kay then," Neil said as he turned to talk to other people.

"max, are we going to sleep together now? Nikki whispered to me.

"who is your roommate?"

"It was Jeremy but he left, so, no one."

"Yes then, after everyone goes to sleep, ill sneak in, okay?"

"Okay!" 

Nikki's P.O.V

Did that actually happen? i thought to myself. I did, i'm actually dating him? Yes i am. I thought, i'm actually happy.

A few hours pass by, and we don't do anything today, its a Saturday. Max and I are just sitting by the the shore looking into the water. We were just silent. But like a good silent, i feel like we connected on a emotional level. That day we just sat there talking and having a good time. By the time it was night we started walking to the tents. 

Max P.O.V 

"I'll see you soon," I said.

"Okay!"

I walked into my tent.

"There you are! where were you? Actually, Where were you and Nikki?" Neil asked.

"Okay, this is not what it looks like."

"You two are dating aren't you?"

"Okay, yeah we are."

"I new it! So now im going to be third wheeling?"

"Yeah... is that a bad thing, its not gonna be that different."

"Im taking your word, but if it feels off im going to be mad."

"Okay ill try not to be different."

"Okay, now go to bed."

10 MINUETS PASS

I look at Neil to see if he is asleep, and he was. I quietly opened the tent flap. I scopped out the place, no one. I walked to nikkis tent. I opened her tent. 

"Hey, finaly," she told me in a kind of quiet tone of voice. 

"Hey." i said while I climbed in. She just hugged me to the floor again.

"Y'know i've never acually said this but, Max, I love you."

"I love you too."

We just lay there the entire night with us just cuddled together, both the happiest we've ever been.