Chapter 27

Hi readers, sorry for a late update, i couldnt think of what to write and i had exams this whole of the week, and i didnt want to upload half a chapter. Dedicated to silvermistenfusion because they are awesome!!

Quote of the Chapter:  A friend is someone who makes you think your life would be different if they didn't exist.

Copyright © starlight745

Chapter 27

Jesse P.O.V

I waited patiently outside for Evita to come and meet me, I had texted her during class saying that we needed to talk and I planned to talk to her right now. I watched as student piled out of school and hurry off to their cars, buses and other means of transportation home. Evita is one of the last students out of the school and she is accompanied by Alison, one of the girls from her group.  

She spots me and whispers something to Alison and gives me a pointed glance, Alison gives her a smile and a nod before walking off in a different direction from Evita. She walks up to e casually, her black hair bouncing with each step she takes. Her face is passive and it holds no trace of anger or disappointment.

Evita stops directly in front of me, clutching a maths and commerce textbook in her small hands. "So you wanted to talk Jesse?" she asks in a soft melodic voice. I clear my throat briskly "Uh yeah, I wanted to talk about what happened today." My voice wavers towards the end but I ignore it and wait for her reaction. An emotion flashes across her brown eyes, but it is gone before I can decipher it. "Sure, what did you want to say?" her voice seems agitated and slightly worried.

"Hey" I say while gently placing a comforting arm atop of her shoulder "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for not sticking up for you." Evita looks up with wide eyes and blinks away unshed tears, her long black eyelashes brushing against her high cheekbones.  "It's ok, nothing really drastic happened." She says softly while looking at the ground.

"Nothing drastic yet." says a high pitched voice from behind Evita, she immediately stiffens and hesitantly looks over her shoulder to see a grinning Alice staring at her like she was a piece of meat. Evita turns around and takes a small step back from her, almost colliding with my chest. "What do you want Alice, I never did anything to you." questions Evita. Alice gives a high pitch laugh and throws her head back "Yes you did, you stole Jesse." She says calmly while examining her fake nails.

"She didn't steal me from you, I was never yours to begin with" I shoot at Alice, acid creeping into my tone. "Wrong Jesse, and now she" Alice explains while pointing at Evita "will pay the price. Guys!" she shouts. Two burly guys, who are also on my football team, come stand next to me and pull my wrists behind my back, restraining me. "What's going on Alice?" I ask confused while trying to free myself from their harsh grasp.  

Alice walks towards us, her high heels making crunching noises on the gravel in the parking lot. "I told you, she's going to pay." Then quick as a flash she slaps Evita on her cheek, the sound vibrating through the air and silencing my movements. Evita looks up at Alice in shock, her bottom lip quivering and her eyes brimming with tears.

"That's for stealing Jesse." says Alice, then she yet again slaps Evita "That's for being so proud about having Jesse as your boyfriend." Alice then moves a step closer to her and brings her knee up to her stomach "And that is for your friend humiliating me at lunch." I struggle uselessly in the guy's grip and try to shove myself forward.

"You're sick Alice, what on earth are you doing to her. She hasn't done anything wrong to you!" I shout at her. "That's right." Says a confident and angered voice from behind Alice "She didn't do anything, but I did."