Evolution of the Dead Chapter 2

Chapter 2
The environment changed again just right before I could get her name. This time I was in a hospital and I thought this was the perfect time to get some answers. I need to find out who the girl is. The name is on the tip of my tongue and it makes me mad that I can't remember. When I was just about to put the name together, I heard a loud thud. I looked around and outside of the room. In the lime green halls full of hospital machines, I saw a wicked creature. The creature was a floating black spectre that made the halls cold with its mere presence. If I am right, if I wanna figure out my supposed truth about the future...I need to run. The ghost was staring toward me and began to walk toward me. He unsheathed a sword like something I would see in Hell's armory and pointed it at me. I already figured that this thing was a ghost and not friendly, but I didn't expect hostile while it was at it.
I decided to do the smart idea and run for my afterlife. I ran all over the hospital and I decided to do either one or two options. It was either run out of the hospital or hide where it couldn't find me. I decided to try running first since I got the stamina and endurance. I ran down flights of stairs to try and escape the ghost and run out the entrance. I had to run past patients and the ghost literally had the sword reaching out and when it hit a patient, I saw the patient literally drop dead. My eyes widened and I managed to find a way to run faster than I had ever before. I reached the entrance and tried to bash it open with my strongest shoulder and it just made me bounce back. I tried to open it manually but it wouldn't. I looked where I was running from and the ghost looking exhilarated peeked around the corner and I knew I was in trouble unless I found a way to hide.
From the front entrance, I ran around the lobby going upstairs into a different floor all the while the spirit was just walking toward me. It didn't run or jog at all, just walked toward me as if it wasn't in any rush. I ran all the way to the top floor and found a bathroom. I went inside it more than I thought, wait, is this the only bathroom in this entire wing? I heard the sword clatter against the walls and it got even closer toward my position. I had to think fast if it interrupts bathroom time. Which it might since it is soulless. Funny, since the thing literally is a ghost. The sword clatter got to the bathroom door and it stopped. I had thought it had found me. It was only a matter of time before it either barges or it leaves not thinking I am here. I looked around the bathroom for a potential weapon and it just so happens that in my desperation, a wicked sword appears in front of me with a note attached to it.
With my luck, I just picked up the note and it said that I had two choices. Either the sword is my weapon or the shadows are my protection. So in other words, if I pick up the sword...I will lose the ability to hide. But, if I don't pick up the sword, I will have to hope that wherever I hide is good enough. I had two options and I had to trust myself on either I could hide well, or fight. He debated the options for a while until the sword began to fade. Not wanting to lose his options, I grabbed it and it reappeared fully in my hand then the ghost had busted in the door which meant that I lost my ability to hide. I had brandished the sword ready to fight, but I remembered this about my past, I never learned how to use one of these. The spectre began to swing and I had managed to dodge his strikes by mere centimeters each time. He swung again and I managed to roll out of the bathroom and run out to the hallways with it on my tail. I was not sure how I would have fared against a ghost who might have killed other spirits like me in the past. All I knew was that I had barely any chance against it.
I found a locker I could have hid in. I decided to get in it besides the fact that I am not supposed to be able to hide anymore. I had an idea to make the sword stab through the locker once it was closer to me. All I knew was that I had one shot or I was gonna be dead...like dead where I have no soul at all. I was gonna cease to exist basically if I mess this up. I position perfectly and waited for the spirit to show up and get close enough. Sure enough, the spirit was across the hall coming toward me. I tightened the grip on the sword and my heart started to beat faster. My adrenaline was pumping from the anxiety I was feeling because I knew that if I messed up, it was all over for me. The ghost had approached me slowly building the tension for me. The closer it approached, the more I felt my bones shake.
My breathing quickened more, and I noticed my arms started to shake. The sword I was holding was shaking in my firm grasp. It got even closer and I knew which part of the locker I needed to penetrate in order to stab the ghost and hopefully make it dissipate before it even makes me disappear forever. It goes to the front of the locker examining it. With all of my nerves, I yelled and stabbed through the locker and stabbed him with the sword running it all the way through him. The ghost staggered back and I noticed it was indeed injured. It leaked out ectoplasm instead of blood from where I had stabbed it.
I kicked open the locker and jerked out the sword from the metal locker aiming to finish it off. It got its sword in its hands and attempted to retaliate. I dodged the attack by mere millimeters and cut off its hand countering the retaliation. It shrieked in pain and I had to take the opportunity to destroy it. It growled at me "No, don't." It had pleaded. My eyes widened and I almost let go of the sword in surprise. "Why shouldn't I?" I asked, "You tried to kill me." I said trying to keep a stern voice in the midst of my shock. He looked at me with empty eyes, "That I did, not that I really want to. My fate is tied to this place...I was created to kill spirits who roam this realm. Purgatory." He answered. Purgatory? Does he mean the realm where God stored the beasts that Hell won't even take? Where spirits of the living aren't accepted into either Hell or Heaven? It groaned and made the tip of its blade impaled to the ground. It tried to stand up and I helped it up. Why was I helping this ghost?! He used his dying breath to tell me lastly that, "I...I didn't want to hurt you or try to kill you. I was gonna be forced into the deepest part of Purgatory. No sane spirit hangs around that part of this realm. If you thought I was insane...you have another thing coming young spirit."
The spirit disappeared only leaving his sword. I took it and I decided to dual wield these two swords. The two swords almost complemented themselves in terms of looks, style, and colors. I would even say they're almost twins. Both of the hilts look hellish but both of them have black and white colors mixed into the blades and hilts. I found two scabbards nearby on a hospital bed which was odd. They were black with a red triangle covering only a fraction of the scabbard. I put them on my back strapping them securely on my person. I put the swords in and it fitted perfectly as they were made for them. I continued on the conquest to find out about my future I was supposed to have. I raced back to the room like immediately and I made it there for the naming. Both Xion and Ventus were both bloody as they were fresh out of the womb and I tried to find the papers as to who the mother was and when I found the papers, I scrolled through it and I couldn't find the answer. It's as if she didn't exist! I accidentally dropped the papers and everything got dark again making the paper disappear.