(30) 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘢𝘺

Brian

For once, I could drive down the streets of London without the fear of being pulled over or arrested. I had gotten myself a driving licence in the past few weeks. Since Maria told me about her not-so-lovely confrontation with Emma, I'd been overcome with anxiety over not being able to get to her when she needed me. It wasn't an insanely long drive to Maria's block of flats, but this was a special occasion. For the first time in a long time, both of us had managed to get some free time between her exams and me recording with Queen to actually go out together. Call it a date, if you want to, but I never did like that formality.

I sat outside her block when I got there, checking my appearance in the rear-view mirror before I went in. Sometimes it was so difficult to shape my hair; it was so big that if I woke up with it in a mess, it would stay like that for the rest of the day. It took a lot of time and effort for it to do what I wanted it to do and this was one of those days where I took extra care in making sure it hung right and didn't look too fluffy. Sometimes I even wondered if it would be easier to just cut it and straighten it and have it like I did as a teenager. However, Maria had told me over and over again how much she liked my hair, even if it was an insecurity of mine. She always made me feel better. That's why I loved her so much.

I straightened out my jacket as I made my way up to her flat, those butterflies in my stomach coming back again. I couldn't wait to see her beautiful face and her soft features. I couldn't wait to hold her perfect figure and feel her smooth hands as she held mine. I just needed her by my side, and the fact that we were going to be alone made me all the more excited to see her. She was the first woman who was able to break out this romantic want from me – yes, I have always been a soft soul, at least I've tried to be, but it wasn't very often that I had these urges to have a relationship. My past girlfriends had nothing on Maria, and she secretly knew this. I could tell.

I held my hands behind my back after knocking at her door, tapping a steady rhythm with my foot on the floor. My eyes lit up when I saw her stood there in all her beauty, hair looking soft and fluffy – she'd clearly just finished drying it or something. She grinned at me, approaching me with open arms, which I gladly accepted. I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her flush against me. She practically clung to me; her arms tight around my shoulders.

"Someone's excited to see me." I chuckled, nestling my face into her hair and inhaling the strong scent of the shampoo she had used. She pulled away and giggled, her fingers playing with the ends of my curls.

"I've just missed you, that's all. I need to go and get my jacket; I'll be a few seconds." She quipped, putting her finger up as she backed away, disappearing briefly. I walked through the door, hanging about in the hallway. Emma was sat on the floor in the living room in the middle of a circle of papers.

"I really need to get myself a new jacket or something, I look so fat in this."

I turned around to see Maria stood in front of the mirror in their hallway, analysing herself in the reflection. She was turned on her side, pressing her hands into the front and back of her waist. It broke my heart to see her so critical of herself, especially when she was clearly the most beautiful female on the planet. I furrowed my eyebrows and appeared behind her. I raked my eyes over her body, and I couldn't see any flaw. Her curves were perfect, and her... woman features... made her all the more gorgeous. I could hold onto her backsi—

"Brian!"

"Huh?" I snapped my attention back to her face. Her cheeks were flushed red. "Sorry, love... You just look pretty." I spoke quietly, so Emma couldn't hear us in the next room.

"It's okay... I thought I'd done something wrong." She giggled, turning around to face me. "You ready to go?"

"Ready if you are." I grinned.