Prologue

Y/n POV

Weak...

My eyes widen at the sight of the burning bodies flashing before me. Although the fire was obviously dangerous, I was memorized by the beautiful shade of blue the flames were giving off. Oddly enough, the intensity looked beautiful in the dark situation I was put in.

Hearing the sound of feet shuffling against the concrete made me look up slowly and saw the person who had just saved my very life.

It was pitch black in the alley way, the only source of light was the raiding flames dancing off the corpses melting flesh. The men that were trying to rip off my clothes only a few minutes ago were now dead. I had mix feelings. But I know one thing for sure, I didn't feel any remorse for those disgusting pigs.

I looked up at the man standing infront of me with his back turned. I tried to take in the details of him quickly as the flames were slowly burning out.

By the looks of it, he was wearing a dark blue jacket with a high, ripped collar, and matching pants that were cut off above his ankles with a pair of dark dress shoes on his feet. The man also has a plain pale gray, scoop-neck shirt, below which a gray belt with a circular pattern wraps around his waist, a leather satchel attached at the back.

My body tense when he turn around and looked at me. I nearly gasp at the sight of his face.

He was fairly tall and pale. He has longish, black hair that spikes up around his head, hanging low over his eyes, which are thin, turquoise in color, and heavily lidded.

His most striking features, however, are undoubtedly the patches of gnarled, wrinkled, purple skin that cover much of his lower face and neck, all the way down past his collarbone, below his eyes and on his arms and legs. These appear to be attached to the rest of his skin by multiple, crude surgical staples or hoop piercings, making it impossible to tell if these scars were accidental or self-inflicted.

He has several silver cartilage piercings in both ears, and a triple nostril piercing on the right side of his nose.

"I-I'm sorry, I was weak.." I muttered softly. I looked back down at the ground avoiding his eyes, "It wasn't fair.." I was trembling as I spoke.

Instead of thanking him, I was was apologizing. But, I guess this is what happens when all your life you've been scolded and always being reminded you're nothing but weak while growing up.

"What's not fair?" His voice came off in a monotone dry voice. Completely emotionless that match perfectly with his facial expression.

"H-how they try to take advantage of me.. how this system works. They can freely use their quirks to commit a crime... but if I used mine to defend myself... I would've been the one to be punished by the authorities! Not only are the police useless, I had asked a near by hero to walk me through this alleyway, because this was the only way I could get home.. and he completely ignore me.. then another hero ignored me for the same thing.." I thought back to the two heros who I thought would be kind enough to do their jobs.. but they ended up being like most heros I've encountered.

Fakes.

"There's too many fake heros playing pretend. Why should I depend on heros when I can use my own quirk? They restrict us from using our gift and make us depend on these frauds. I hate this.. I... I don't want to be called weak because of that." I was ranting out of emotion. What I was saying was something I never share considering people are quick to judge on that topic. But at that moment I let all my thoughts out to a total stranger.

"T-thank you... I'm sorry you had to-"

"Kill them?" He cut me off making me flinch. Looking up at him I saw he had took a step closer.