Chapter 7

Elijah POV 

I  sat back as I watched the women work, wrapping a measuring tape around her waist, getting her height. Dime  wasn't handling the attention all that well. I  saw her wince and pull away as one of the women clearly hurt her.

"Gently," I said, not liking to see the look of pain on her face.

Someone nodded, and within seconds they were gone.

"They're like vultures." Dime  rubbed at her arms.

My  gut tightened as she looked lost. Getting on my  feet, I  wrapped one arm around her waist and tilted her head back to look down into her eyes. "You need some new clothes. Unless you want to walk around naked? I've got no problems with that. Some of the staff may be a little shocked that my woman has decided to go back to a time before clothes."

She laughed. "I don't want to go around naked."

That was one of the things I liked about her. She didn't want or need to impress anyone else.

"Good. I don't share." I pressed a kiss to her lips. "Think of it as your own store."

"They're wondering what the hell a guy like you is doing with someone like me."

"This is where you enter the judgmental world. They'll always wonder. I've found the less you talk, the more they try to convince themselves something bad is happening."

She tilted her head to one side. "How do you handle it?"

"By not giving them what they want. They're always looking for ways of torturing you. Be in control of who you are. Don't let them get into your head. Smile, laugh, and show them that no matter how much they bitch at you, you're the better one."

I stared at her mouth, and couldn't resist a taste. Kissing her was like coming home. Being inside her was how I imagined heaven to be. In fact, there wasn't a single thing about Dime that i didn't like.

She set me on fire with need, she  consumed my every thoughts and want , it drove me crazy.

One of the women entered, and my  little fashion show would begin. Taking a seat, i saw them presenting certain colors, and when they were satisfied they got their choices right, they went to take her away.

"No need for that. She's my woman. I want to see."

Staring into Dime's eyes, I saw them flare, but i  also saw the hard beads of her tits, which couldn't disguise her own arousal.   

Within seconds they had her down to her underwear, and i  made another note to go to a specialist lingerie shop.

For the next six hours, I  watched my  woman get transformed with so many different clothes. Casual jeans and shirts, dresses, skirts, floral prints, then into cocktail dresses and long gowns, in which he couldn't wait to show her off at social functions.

I  noticed whenever they mentioned functions and the attire needed, she'd bite down on her lip. While the women surrounded her, I let them finish dressing her up, and once they were all done and left her a set of clothes to dress in, I stood up.

She looked exhausted.

"What's wrong?" I  asked.

She pulled up the pair of jeans, buttoning them before looking at me. They were a perfect fit, molding to her curvy figure like a second skin.

"Nothing. It's nothing."

"You don't look like it's nothing."

"We never talked about going out, and me being your date." She ran fingers through her  hair, dropping her hands down to her side, and expelling a breath. "I don't know if I can do this."

Cupping her face, I stared into her  eyes. I moved her back until she was pressed against the wall. My cock hardened at the thought of taking her here and now, but i didn't.

Slamming my  lips down on hers, I  plunged my  tongue into her mouth, and at the same time, I  took hold of her hands, pressing them above her head. My  cock rested against her stomach, and if they were home right now, I'd lift her up, wrap her legs around my waist, and fuck her so hard that she didn't even have to think about anything else.

"You're Dime Anderson . You're not a coward, and there's nothing in this world you can't handle." I'd trailed kisses down her cheek, getting to her ear. "Nothing."

Pulling back a little, i saw the shock on her face and smiled. "Why do you think I'm so strong? You don't even know me."

I left her side, grabbing the shirt that lay on its hanger. Helping her into the shirt, I  began to button it up. "You lost your job a year ago. You're a foster kid who knows how the system works. If no one believes you, you get pushed aside, ignored, and passed on like old news. You're not a woman who's easily broken, Dime . You're a fighter."

I saw the tears that sprang into her eyes, and i gripped the back of her neck before taking her lips once again. I couldn't stand to see her cry . Nor did i want to. 

The need to take care of her burned inside, consuming me no matter what i did.

"Will they whisper about you at social functions? Yes. Will they want to make you feel small? Yes. The only power they will ever have over you is the power you give them. No one else. Remember that."

She licked her lips, and I wiped the tears away with my thumb.

"I won't take any other woman. You're mine now, Dime . Walking away is never going to happen."

She was dressed, and she hadn't spoken. "You make me sound like a badass." she said. 

"I think you are, and in my world, all I care about is what I think." i told her. 

"Is that what I should care about? What you think?" she asked.

I smiled. "It is my world you live in, but I was thinking that in your world, you know what you've done, you know what you've been through. Screw anyone else that would think differently."