Chapter 10

[Modern Sonic Universe]
{Tails' P.O.V.}
"I need your blood samples." I looked at Sonic as I held a needle. "I hope you're not afraid of needles." I raised a brow slightly when I saw him lower his ears.

"W-who? M-me...? Of course n-not..." He chuckled awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck. "How many samples qi you need...?"

"I don't know. But don't worry, the needle won't hurt you, you won't even feel it." I shook my head and walked to him. I was still in shock at what Shadow had said and how he walked in my house without making any noise. I know he was Sonic's boyfriend but still, we are all worried about him, we all want him back.

"Alright..." Sonic said lowly and dropped his ears as I walked closer to him and looked at my hand with terror.

"It won't hurt." I chuckled softly and took Sonic's hand then rubbed over the spot I wanted to push the needle through with a cotton ball that was wet with alcohol. I put the cotton aside and carefully shot Sonic with the needle, making him jump and got the amount of blood I needed then pulled the needle out and put the same cotton ball in its place. "Hold it there." I stood up and went to my computer. "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

"Yeah..." He mumbled lowly and sighed quietly. "I guess."

"This might help with my research... But I still need to make the portal work..." I sighed and rubbed my face.

I had already typed in the computer everything I remembered, but so many important things were missing.

"Maybe the portal can work on its own? You've got it right there, why don't you try and turn it on?" Sonic raised a brow and looked at the portal and stood up.

"That won't work. It's connected to my computer, it doesn't know a single thing, it just does what my computer commands it to do and that's it." I shook my head and looked at my screen and started examining the sample of Sonic's blood.

"Are you sure? This button is lit." He pointed out, making me gasp and quickly turn around.

"Don't push i-!" I tried to warn him but he had already pressed it, making the portal light up and start making weird noises.

"Um... Is it supposed to do that...?" He asked with a small and sheepish smile then turned to look at me.

"NO!" I pinned my ears down and tried to turn off the portal but it kept repeating the beginning faze, making it overheat and shut down the power in the whole house.

At this point my heart was pounding. I was praying that the portal was fine and it didn't overheat.

"Please don't tell me messed up..." Sonic said lowly with his ears pinned down.

"You messed up..." I mumbled, we were both frozen in place as he looked at each other. I snapped out of it and ran to go get the power back on. When I came back and checked on my computer, I realized that the cable that was connecting the portal with my computer was burning hot and the portal itself wasn't responding to the computer. "You messed up." I said again and ran my hands through my fur on the top of my head. "Oh no..."

"What did I do...?" He hesitantly asked and walked to me then looked at my screen.

"You destroyed the portal." I lowered my head and groaned. "We're even further away now..."

"Buddy... I'm sorry..." I felt a hand rub my back as Sonic's voice showed how bad he felt.

"I know. Just... Don't touch anything else, okay?" I shook my head and stood up then went to the portal. It was burning hot and didn't respond and whatever button I pushed.

It's broken...

The cables must have burned from the heat...

I really wanted to start cussing and shouting, but I'm smarter than that.

I sighed and sat down as I tried to calm down but my nerves could only take so much.

I rubbed my face and looked at my phone then started wondering if I should call Knuckles or not. "Sonic, can you go to the living room please?" I looked at Sonic that had his ears dropped and he looked terrified. "Don't worry. I'll get you home. I promise."

He slowly nodded and smiled slightly at me. "I know you will, Bud." He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

I rested back on my chair and groaned quietly when I was alone.

I have two lives on my hands.

It's too much for me...

I'm only 19... Give me a break.