Meeting

This is new and shtuff, obviously, so um, lemme know what you think please?(: thanks! Love you all.(: 

•*•*•*•*•*•*•

The wind rushed in my face. Why was I even here? I needed an escape, I suppose. That was the only place I could go, but it was dangerous. I shouldn't have been here. I needed to get away, but yet I couldn't. I was so attached to this place, but I couldn't tell you why. Maybe it was the history hiding behind it. Maybe it was the scenery. I could never tell, but I was drawn to it.

I backed away from the edge. I wasn't ready to leave this place, but I couldn't look over the edge anymore either. I looked at the horizon, where the sun's beams were starting to show themselves, but the sun had yet to make an appearance. I had to be getting back soon, but I didn't want to leave.

I could only come to the cliff when nobody could possibly find out. Chances are that if one person found out, so would the rest of the town, including my parents. News travels fast when you know every single person and you live in probably the smallest town on the face of the earth. That's just what I tended to think, considering I'm seventeen and I've lived here all my life.

It was my second week of senior year, and I couldn't wait until the end, when I could finally get out of this miserable place they call a town and leave. I had friends and everything, but there was only one that I would keep in touch with once we all went our separate ways. I had had two boyfriends in the past, David Johnson my freshman year who was the same age as me-that only lasted about a three weeks before he ended it-and Samson Crawfield my sophomore year who was a year older than me-that one lasted a lot longer at four and a half months before I broke up with him.

My parents didn't use to be very protective, but two years ago when my brother Harrison died, they became über protective and wouldn't let me anywhere near the cliff, where he had died.

My mother had Harrison when she was sixteen, so he was a couple years older than me, but we were always close. He went to the community collage so he could still be close to Mom, Dad, and me. When Harrison died, he was twenty-one, which is legal drinking age. A couple of friends and him had been drinking, some more than others, when they decided to go up to the cliff.

It was a really stupid idea, but half of them were too intoxicated to think straight, and the other half, including my brother, thought they could handle a few drunk kids and it wouldn't be too terrible. Some of the super intoxicated boys surrounded Harrison, who was standing near the edge. He backed up until he was about to fall off. One of the guys kept walking forward and tripped on a root of a nearby tree. He fell into Harrison, sending him tumbling over the cliff edge. The only reason the boy who fell into him was still alive was because Harrison blocked his fall and fell instead.

My parents knew that sometimes the two of us would go up there alone to clear our thoughts, or talk or whatever, but after that, they wouldn't allow it anymore. They forbad me to go near the hill, much less the top where the cliff was.

The first time Harrison had taken me up to the top, I was seven. Our parents were fighting about who knows what, and I was in my room crying. Harrison came in and found me curled up in my bed. He chuckled a little and told me it would all be okay. We snuck off to the hill. We climbed to the top. He wouldn't let me go anywhere near the edge, because he was scared I would get hurt. We sat huddled under a tree looking at the stars for hours.

When we got home, it was dead silent. We passed the living room where my parents were quietly sitting and went to our rooms to sleep, no questions asked.

It all changed after he died, though. My parents wouldn't let me go, so I had to start sneaking out before they woke up, after they went to bed, and when they were still at work.