Album Ranking

First I will do my ranking of all of the albums before ranking the songs within each album. 

~~~~

7. Taylor Swift- I love all of Taylor's albums so it's so hard to choose which one I like the least. But in the end, it has to be her first one. This honestly makes the most sense also because it was her first one and she didn't have as much experience as she does now. Some of the songs aren't as lyrically powerful either which is the most important thing about a song to me. My favorite part about the album though is how nostalgic and fun these songs are. They're perfect for singing along to.

6. Fearless- It's starting to get really hard, but Fearless has to be next. It's a similar thing in many ways where it's only her second album so she doesn't have as much experience as a songwriter. My favorite part about this album is how fun and upbeat so many of the songs are. Her lyrics are definitely much stronger in this album than in the first one.

5. 1989- I already know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but at this point I honestly don't have many critical things to say about any the albums left. I guess the style of music in this one is too pop-ey if that makes sense. I prefer her slower more sentimental songs in general. But this album is honestly the best one to dance to and sing along to. The music videos during this era were incredible too.

4. Lover- I was so excited for this album to come out and was not disappointed. I love how happy Taylor seems in these songs and how personal they feel. She is truly in love and these songs will never fail to make me feel a thousand emotions at once. I also love the theme and vibe of the era.

3. Speak Now- Deciding between Speak Now and Lover was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. They are both equally incredible albums but ultimately I put this one at third. Speak Now is an amazing album and the fact that all of these songs were written by Taylor, and only Taylor is incredible. I love the whimsical feel of the album and the lyrics are so good.

2. reputation- Lots of people seem to dislike reputation but I disagree 100%. This album is so deep and so meaningful and has so many genres packed into one. This album came out during a hard time in my life so I have that attachment to it also. I felt like Taylor truly understood me and I listened to these songs all the time! (I still do haha). I cannot express how much this album means to me.

1. Red- Although reputation is the one I'm most attached to personally, Red is just THE BEST album. There isn't one bad song on this album. The lyrics of every song are so breathtaking and incredible. So many emotions are portrayed in these songs and I can't help but cry when I hear them. This album is too good for this world and I love it with all of my heart. 

~~~~

I will be ranking the songs in each album in order from Debut to Lover. Please share what your ranking of Taylor Swift albums would be! Stay tuned for the Taylor Swift song ranking! 

-Anna Gray