0 | prologue

na jaemin was a very young, cheerful and bright child, the type who would bring a smile to their parents' face even after a long tiring day at work

na jaemin was a very young, cheerful and bright child, the type who would bring a smile to their parents' face even after a long tiring day at work. he got along with all the preschool kids extremely well as he was very outgoing and kind. as jaemin began to grow up, his parents gradually became more and more busy. it reduced the amount of time they had to spend with jaemin. he would often come back from school to an empty and quiet house and his parents would only get back long after jaemin has gone to bed.

"mummy, can you read me a bedtime story?"

"not now minnie, but i promise tomorrow, okay sweetie?"

"okay mummy."

that was a lie

"hey daddy, can you come play with me today?"

"oh jaemin, dad was just about to leave for a meeting. it's a super important meeting. i'll play with you next time. okay?"

"really daddy?"

"of course, why wouldn't i wanna spend time with my adorable son?"

"okay daddy. have fun at your super important meeting."

next time rarely ever came

"mum, can you come help me with something?"

"sure, give me a second."

those seconds would go on forever and ever

"dad, when are you coming home. it's already 11 pm. you need to come home earlier it's bad for you."

"sure, no problem. i'll come home sooner. no big deal."

so small of a deal, he completely ignored it

"have fun on your camping trip."

"we love you and stay safe"

all lies

nothing was ever true. how was he supposed to know what was genuine or not. "did you actually mean it mean it when you say you love me?"

jaemin was 14 when his mum was caught in the car accident. she was coming home late from work what a drunk 18 year old messing with his car collided with hers. he remembers standing next to her in the hospital, tubes attached to her mouthpiece. he could not get the image out of his head, the metal shards that were still in her arms where the white sheet wasn't able to cover. he could only imagine what the injuries on her chest and legs would be if the blood stained the sheet covering her like that. the doctors said a surgical procedure had to be done and sent them home.

jaemin did not sleep that night. his father's eyes were red and it was clear that he had been crying. despite him walking in like everything was okay.

"jaemin, you should be sleeping by now."

"and so should you"

" . . . . . . i know you're worried about your mum but she'll be okay

lies

"she's a strong woman. she'll pull through this for sure."

more lies

"when she gets released from the hospital, we can all take a break and visit somewhere nice . . ."

all just lies

"everything will be okay."

all just fucking lies

by morning, he didn't even get a chance to say goodbye, not even to her lifeless body, that was already sent to the morgue.

his father had a much harder time coping that jaemin. he could he sobbing from inside his parent's room which his dad had locked for days after the incident and as the days continued to slowly tick by, alcohol and beer slowly filled the whole apartment. his dad became an angry drunk. jaemin ended up getting a part-time job just to avoid him a little bit more and save some money in the process, but most of it went to the section of the bills and rent that his dad wasn't able to pay for.

after a year, cigarette smoke and alcohol was a smell jaemin was familiar with. he remembered to take showers first thing in the morning to rid the stench of alcohol before going anywhere.

up until about half a year ago, jaemin's father, when he was drunk, would just cry and complain about how his life was as an angry but sad drunk old dude.but his attitude changed and it was a bit more than just complaints and rants. he became violent and that was not a plus for jaemin. he did not want to did not want to deal with that. however, his dad started drinking more and more as he began letting out his stress and anger onto jaemin.

he could remember just as vividly the first time he was terrified of his dad. he was yelling for something jaemin had done when he suddenly picked up an empty soju bottle and swung it at jaemin. the glass bottle hit the wall behind jaemin, glass shards exploding near head, most of them dropped to the ground. only a couple had scratched his face. he stared at his father, his face flushed with pink and his scrunched up bull-dog like expression.

jaemin's eyes were still shaking as his dad picked up another empty bottle and yelled, "what the fuck you looking at?!" jaemin immediately scrambled to his room, locking the door behind and began to cry. this was the first time he had cried after his mother's death. the memory of his father's voice from a year ago resurfaced in his mind.

"we'll all take a break and visit somewhere nice. everything will be okay."

it just made jaemin cry even harder.

↫↫↫↫ words: 907 ↬↬↬↬

author's note:

i just had an idea so i just kinda dumped it here lol. there's probably like 10923 spelling mistakes

if you like this introduction i might continue it idk. tell me what you think ʕ•ٹ•ʔ