It Came From The Woods

I lived in a cottage nearby the woods, nothing special. My parents were out and I was alone, perfect time for a horror story? Little did I know..
I was sat by the porch watching anime on my tablet, 10 year old me would've argued that Sword Art Online is a masterpiece. But at the time this story took place I was 14 and more into the Fate series. At about 6pm it was already dark, I stood up to go back inside but I saw something in the distance.. standing at the edge of the woodland. Well actually it looked like they were doing a handstand, I tried to make out whoever it was but I just ended up squinting. Thinking it was just a passerby I went back inside, for safe measures I locked the door and went to have dinner.
I was snapped awake by a loud noise. I checked the time and it was around 1am, I grabbed my baseball bat and went to check what the loud noise was. I stood at the top of the stairs in shock. My whole door was hanging off the hinges;I tightened my grip on the bat and went looking for the intruder.
5 minutes went by and I had searched the whole downstairs of the house, I was about to call it quits until I heard a loud thud coming from the hallway upstairs..and then another one, and another. They continued making their way to the stairs. Without thinking I ran to the foot of the stairs clueless to what would be waiting for me.
I stood in terror watching the creature stare at me, with its hideous structure, it almost looked like a human..but it was deformed beyond fixing. I suddenly realised I had no chance of surviving, it was covered in blood, and definitely not it's own..I couldn't move..my whole body had frozen...my legs gave in. The last thing I saw was it's disgusting face as it lunged at me from the top of the stairs.

I wasn't it's first victim.
And I certainly wasn't it's last.
All I know is....
It Came From The Forest.