Chapter 19

Mike's P.O.V

I woke up from what must have been a hospital bed, hearing a loud beeping from the room next door. I knew that was not good. There was no one in my room. I was all alone. Were all my once friends scared of me now? This is all messed up, this was not supposed to happen. Once again I heard the beeping from the other room. I wanted to go check it out. So I started to get up buy then noticed I was hooked up to all sorts of cords and big bags of liquids. I then looked around the room and saw myself in the mirror. I looked absolutely terrible. I had a ginormous bump on the top of my head. I also had many scrapes on my hands, and one long and narrow gash along my forehead. The gash started at my hairline and curved and ended at my ear. I looked down at my feet and didn't really see anything wrong with them. I tried to unhook myself, but failed. I also tried to sit up, but there was a sharp pain in my shin. I had to of broken my shin bone. Ugh I shivered just thinking about it. All of my pain and hard thinking had made me forget about her. ZOEY! Oh my goodness, tha-that beeping it could've been her! It could've been her!!! I started to yell and scream and say let me out. I think that just made the doctors think I was more insane. They started to put a mask around me. Of course laughing gas. I started to fall asleep. Zoey, Zoey Zoey.

*****************

When I woke up from the horrible sleep I had, I was energetic. When I looked around the room, I saw Cameron looking right back at me. I was honestly terrified of what he thought of me now. What if he didn't want to be my friend anymore? I wouldn't blame him. He just kept looking at me until I broke the silence.

" Hey Cameron. " I said in the most casual way I could.

He just stood there looking at me with tear filled eyes. Something was up and it couldn't have been good.

" What's wrong Cam? "

No reply.

" Cameron?"

Nothing.

"Cameron?!" I yelled hoping for an answer, all he did was shake his head and walk over to the side of my bed. Then he hugged me and walked out of the room. What could've put him in this mood- Zoey! This can not be happening. The beeping, Cameron, no one in my room.

Zoey might be dead.