the day a seed of hatred took root

Virgil and Roman only had their meetups at the border to prevent any more bloodshed and Remus would join sometimes. Virgil slowly got feelings for Roman but hid them. On the anniversaries of their meeting and Virgil losing his parents, Virgil would always hide his form and go to the human side

"Roman I never told you this but. I was there when your father killed my parents and he seemed more demonic than us" Virgil was scared and was visibly shaking. Roman put a hand on Virgils' back "it's OK my father wasn't the best dad either so I guess he was a demon on the inside. My father is on a trip to one of the sub-kingdoms and won't be back for a week if you want to see my castle?" Virgil smiled "I would love that! I would extend the same offer but the acting king would kill you for what your father did, cause he was close to my father and personly took up the job and cause of this he is super protective of me as the sole heir" Virgil got up from the ground and looked over to the castle then back to the dark silhouette of one he called home and ran to the light castle "I'm excited cause my mom was human before she let her anger for the queen turn her"

Virgil wasn't looking where he was going and bumped right into the human king that came back for Roman's birthday "Roman, son who is this? A friend that you never told me about." Romulus bent down to be at eye level with Virgil then saw Virgils' purple eyes "DEMON! GUARDS PROTECT MY SON" Romulus yelled as he drew his sword and pointed it at Virgil ready to attack, that little outburst made Virgil angry at both Roman and his father but mostly his father "nice to know you don't recognise the person that left you bedridden for a month! yeah, that was me. and who's the demon here the one that left a child an orphan with a smile on his face or the one that just wants peace" the soft, timid Virgil, Roman knew seemed to disappear to let way for a passive-aggressive side of him but when Roman saw tears falling from Virgils eight eyes and a bead of blood off his lip Roman got between Virgil and his own father "father don't let what happened to mom get control of you it wasn't anyone's fault she was sick and it was uncontrollable" Roman wiped Virgil's tears careful not to poke Virgil in the eye. Roman then saw a snake and realise what was going to happen.

Before Roman could warn his dad dee came out of nowhere and had him pinned to a tree by the neck "YOU SSSICK EXCUSE FOR A KING" dee hissed as he tried to take Virgil home but Virgil bit Dee's wrist making him release "dee don't make me leave Roman. please" Virgil pleaded but Dee didn't care and pulled Virgil by the hair back to the castle and for the next few years, stationed a guard to Virgil every hour of every day.

Over time the memories of Virgil faded for Roman but Virgil was the opposite Virgil loved Roman and his once pure black spider arms changed to have a purple fade at the base and gold tips. then a rhyme that his mother said to calm him "we will be kept apart. Till there is a heart to heart when a demon's heart starts to pine. then a feeling of love combine" Virgil failed to understand back then but he thinks he gets it now "If Roman feels the same we can break the border for good" Virgil smiled but then realised that Roman more than likely hates him and he fell into dark times locking himself away from deceit and only talking to Remy the bat demon that was his guard.

that's it, for now, hope you enjoyed.