Chapter 1

Coldplay-Viva la Vida
I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

------

My neck ached, my back throbbed, and my head pounded with the ill intentions of last night. I successfully held down the debauchery that made my stomach churn the way it was. I pulled myself up in the backseat, running my hands down my face harshly.

"Wha?" I asked myself looking out the tinted windows of my car. That was the only thing I was sure about for now.

I climbed to the front seat grabbing at my sunglasses in the center console. The morning light was positively annoying already.

"Thanks lads." I scoffed when I realized I was still in the parking lot of the pub. I was thankful enough that it was 8:30am and I had plenty of time for a shower before class. My only problem now was that my keys were missing.

"Buggers!" I shouted hammering my fists down on the steering wheel. It only got worse when I reached for my cellphone and found it dead.

One 30 minute walk and a shower that exposed in depth how raunchy my night really was and I was ready for class. Campus was only a block away but all this walking left me to my own thoughts. Thoughts I wasn't ready to come to terms with. More specifically, Tammy.

She was a blonde bombshell, she was. Always there and ready to shag at a moments notice. Liam, being the right idiot he was, barred me from going home with her so I did what any man in my position would do. I shagged her in the bathroom, against the stall door. Afterwards, I paid her no mind. Ignoring her constant nagging and pushing her away from every clingy grasp. Those were the feelings I wasn't ready to admit made me feel awful.

I rubbed my shoulder where the scratch marks lay beneath my sleeve. "Sket." I smiled knowing the sensitive mark in my hip bone had been from her as well. Tammy was a good lay but that was all. No amount of rudeness could chase her away and I didn't know if that was a good thing or not.

The classroom was empty and I enjoyed the few minutes alone before all the first day commotion began. I turned up the volume on my phone.

Coldplay.

I was on the brink of sleep before my elbow was knocked out from under me.

"Bugger!" I hissed but realized it was only Aaron. If we hadn't been mates since high school, he'd be on the floor.

"You were a right pisshead last night. You deserved it."

"Piss off!" I huffed punching him in the shoulder.

Aaron's cheeky lopsided smirk didn't faultier as he sat down next to me. Slowly the class began to fill.

"Do you even remember last night?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes, "what's it to yeh?"

"I hope she shagged better than she looked." He shrugged settling down further into the chair.

"You wouldn't know a proper shag if it slapped you in the face!" I laughed.

"Needed a cold shower there dinnit yeh?"

"Piss off." I said again, tucking the wet stray curl back underneath my beanie.

Aaron always tried to get under my skin. I gave him a good run on most days but today just wasn't it.

Everyone fell into silence as Mr. Talley took his position in front of the class. He was by far my most favorite. The only reason I loved photography as much as I did was because of him. If it hadn't been for him, I wouldnt have the pictures of her that I kept for the past few years.