Chapter 18

"Blake! Please stop! I'm gonna fall out the door!" Jason said.

Blake stopped the van abruptly."What!" Blake screamed. Rachel looked annoyed and turned her attention to her nails.

"I think your tire's flat." Jason looked at the tire and indeed it was flat.

"Blake, do you have any tools in the trunk?" Blake huffed and searched the messy trunk.

"People! What's wrong?" Rachel blurted out.

"The tire's flat." Jason said.

"Aha!" Blake pulled out a spare tire.

"Do you know how to put it in?" Jason asked.

"Well duh!" Blake took about fifteen minutes to replace the tire. They were already late for school when they were only halfway there. Jason sighed, he would be be getting his drivers license next year. He didn't care if he failed or not, but he just hoped he would never get passed on the gift of Blake's crappy van.

"There!" Rachel pointed between the trees. Blake drove on so fast he almost ran into a tree.

When they walked in the school, the halls were empty.

"Bye!" Blake and Rachel ran off to their classes. Jason knew the period would be over soon, so he stayed by his locker watching the clock.

Something rattled next to him, he busted open the cheap locker. A boy was inside, it was Nick Connor, the only person who was nice to Jason.

"Thanks buddy, I was in there the entire first period!" He patted Jason awkwardly. His curly red hair was messy and he had this ear to ear grin that could make anyone laugh.

"Who did this to you?" Jason asked.

"Myself, I'm such a dumb dumb sometimes." Nick said. Jason smiled and nodded, he wasn't about to call anyone dumb (even if they locked themselves in their own locker).

The bell rang, and Nick waved to Jason as he was walking away and tripped on a girl's foot, said sorry and ran into a locker. Jason shook his head, he really wanted to laugh at that. Rachel ran up to him.

"Hey, you wanna-" Rachel started, but a girl pulled her away and started talking to her.

"So, I'm starting a beauty club and I was wondering if you would like wanna join and stuff because you're like so beautiful and stuff, so what do you say and stuff?" The girl said. Rachel looked taken aback by how much that girl had put so many words into one sentence.

"Uh, okay?" Rachel said quietly.

"Yay!" She mini clapped herself. "The meeting starts now!" She pulled Rachel away and started talking about what eyeshadow would look best with her completion.

Jason walked away only to meet Aaron Patterson, Nick's friend, smiling brightly at him.

"Hey Jason, I was wondering if you would come over to my house to play video games?" Aaron asked.

"Sure!" Jason said. Aaron smiled and started a long conversation on the best game controller. "What was going on?" Jason thought. "No one has been so interested in being my friend before?"

Aaron waved at a wandering Nick to come over. Nick looked relived and came over.

"Hey Aaron! Hey Jason! You guys it turns out my sister's not getting married, so I can play video games with you guys!" Nick kinda screamed, so many students turned to look at them.

To make matters worse, Aaron and Nick started to do a weird victory dance which involved handguns and chest bumping.

"Guys! People are staring!" Jason hissed.