1:1

𝐀 𝐅 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐌 𝐀 𝐓 𝐇
c. 1300 Greece

Staring at her reflection, she knew the change is unchangeable

Staring at her reflection, she knew the change is unchangeable. If only vampires could cry, Ophelia would cry herself a river. There was something about her apperance that made her grieve. She doesn't know who she is now. There were no words to describe the agony she felt not knowing who the person staring right back at her.

She leaned closer to the water's edge. Her hands carefully lowered her torso towards the clear reflective surface. When she was a young girl, her brother would often tell her story of Narcissus. A beautiful man that many fell in love with, however, his disinterest led him to a tragic end. As punishment, he found himself near a river and saw his reflection. At the sight of himself, he fell endlessly in love with his reflection. He leaned to close to the reflection and fell into the water, he drowned.

Even when she's blessed with immortality, Ophelia did not want to have the same faith as Narcissus. Unlike him, she isn't in love with herself but curious of her new apperance. Instead of crystal blue eyes staring back, a sinister shade of crimson entrances her vision. A pair of a killer's eyes. The glowing melania on her skin caused by sunbathing in the sun turned into a dull pale. Her soft feminine features became sharper and sculpted. The transformation left nothing from her previous lifetime.

She is a stranger in her body and mind. Did she really want this for herself? She already felt like a prisoner when she was human and now as a vampire, it made things more difficult. Maybe that's why he wanted to change her. Change her because she's broken.

"It's time to leave now, sweet Ophelia," a voice from behind called out. Ophelia lingered a few more seconds looking at her reflection before pushing herself off the ground. Once she stood up, she pat away the dirt and dry grass from her plain gown.

"Okay," she muttered. Ophelia didn't know what and how to respond to the statement. She awkwardly stood up with her head tilted down.

Aro noticed how uncomfortable Ophelia felt after her transformation. He knew it will take time for her to understand but he had to do it. He needed to accumulate power in order to fulfill his own desires. It's selfish of him but it's for the greater good of the world.

He walked towards the awkward young woman with long strides. He stopped a few feet from Ophelia with a gleaming smile. Ophelia knew what was going to happen next. She saw Aro hold up his right hand towards her. He wants to see inside her mind. Left with no choice, Ophelia incased her left hand with Aro's right. There was a silence between the pair of vampires.

Aro observed Ophelia's face and smiled wickedly, "Don't fight me Ophelia. Let me into your mind." Ophelia's eyes connect with Aro. He wants to see her thoughts and everything in her mind. She can feel him trying to claw his way inside her mind.

The more she stood her ground, the weaker she felt. There enough strength in her for the mental battle with Aro. She had no choice but to eventually surrender. Without looking at Aro's face, she knew that he's satisfied with the outcome. She felt his presence inside her mind, it made her feel vulnerable.

After a few moments, Aro let go of Ophelia's hand. He gently grazed his finger on her face with a satisfying smile. "In time you'll understand why I had to do it. For the sake of Didyme's and your's," Aro said.

She bit the apple and she is paying the consequences. Looking up at Aro, she nods her head, "Of course brother. For our sake."Having no choice, she incased her left hand with Aro's right. There was a slience between the two individuals.