#3

*Beep*Beep*Beep

You open your eye's, and for a moment, you feel different. You're lying down, but you have no clue where you are. "(Y/N) are you awake!?" a boy asked. You turn your head to the side to see Niall practically on top of you. "Niall..." you croaked out. "Don't worry babe. I'm right here." He whispered. His voice was unstable, as if he was about to cry. Taking his warm hand, you gave it a squeeze. "I love you." you spoke comfortingly. His eyes were bloodshot and tears were now running down his cheeks. He let out a little sniffle and replied with, "I love you too babe." Your memory was fuzzy, and glancing around the room, you noticed you were in the Hospital. "What happened?" Niall was hesitant at first, but then decided to tell me. "You were driving home from work. It was pouring rain and the roads were slippery. You swerved into a ditch and the car-tipped over. Someone called 911 and you were barely conscious at the time. They asked you questions but all you kept repeating was..." He paused, staring at the ground. You were in complete shock at the news and demanded to know more. "Niall what did I say?" It was quiet for a moment and then Niall responded, "you kept repeating my name."

Niall has been your best friend since kindergarten. You weren't in love with him, but You always had a feeling he felt a bit more for you. Why had you repeated his name? You loved him, but he was your ?best friend...

" I don't know what to say-" You speak, before being interrupted by an arriving nurse. " Oh good your awake!" the nurse spoke cheerfully.

'How long had I been asleep for?' You think.

This was really confusing. "I should go." Niall said, his voice was dry and cracking. " Don't go-" you say, before the nurse lead's him out. A minute later she came back in with a tray of food. " You hungry hun?" she asked, holding the tray. You didn't respond at first, your mind was still stuck on Niall. "How long was I out for?" you ask, your voice cracking. " All day actually... not too long." she spoke, putting the tray down.

A day? Was it that bad? Your parents were on a business trip so the only person you had was Niall, other than your friends. " I think I'm going to rest for now, thanks." you reply. The nurse nodded and left the room.

Alone in the room, you closed your eyes and began drifting off to sleep.

( Your dream)

You were driving in the rain, you were angry. You had to stay an hour later at work to clean up and it was already 12:00 A.M. Cursing to yourself, you turned on the radio. Everything was fine, you didn't notice a lot of cars on the road, so there was no traffic.

All of a sudden bright headlights came shining through the window. someone was speeding towards you in your lane. " Oh shit!" you yell out, swerving to the side. You lost sight and you felt dizzy. The last thought that came into your mind was ' I love you Niall' and then blacked out.

You woke up screaming and crying. You then felt someone pull you towards them. " It's alright, I'm here." Niall whispered, squeezing you in a tight bone crushing hug. "Niall? When did you come back?" you asked, barely able to breathe. " The nurse told me you were asleep so I came back. I've been here for tow hours now." he released you and you took a deep breath. "Thanks bu-" you managed to say before he slapped his hand over your mouth. There was a moment of silence and you both gazed into each others eyes.

His warm blue eyes seemed so comforting... " Sorry." Niall said , awkwardly removing his hand, trying not to smile

"Were you here all day? Or did you and my friends take turns?" you ask curiously. Niall was sitting with his feet facing inwards. He always sat like this when he was nervous. "I was here all day. Your friends visited and insisted to take turns but I said I would stay." he spoke, not daring to look at you. "Thanks, but you really didn't have to..." you spoke, feeling guilty. He smirked at the floor and glanced up, " I'm glad I stayed."

Your cheeks were getting hot now Niall never usually flirted that much with you... and you liked it.

* Next Day*

"You're free to go." The nurse spoke, filling out forms and leaving the room ever so swiftly. " Yay time to go!" you joke, standing up. You get a sudden rush of dizziness and topple over Niall. He caught you in his arms and you both burst into laughter. You put your arm over his shoulder while he put his around your waist and helped you walk out.

You both got in the car and drove away. Niall liked to speed while driving, but today he was so careful. "Why so slow?" you tease, poking his cheek. "Don't want to get into an accident do we?" he replied grabbing your hand and held it. It was quiet and you knew you had something to tell him. " Niall... Before I blacked out... um, I don't really know how to say this, but I thought of you." you spoke, glancing at him. He smiled to himself and you both started to laugh. " I know, it's stupid." you joke, still laughing. You turned on the radio but then Niall quickly turned it off. "Thats not stupid." Niall spoke, now being serious. You knew what he was thinking now. " Niall... I think I thought of you because... well, I love you. I love you a lot and you really mean everything to me." you spoke, not even thinking about what your saying. Niall's hand was getting sweaty, and he was squeezing tighter. "You mean everything to me too (Y/N)." He spoke softly. Now arriving to your house, he parked the car on the road and glanced at you. "You could've parked on the driveway silly!" you joke, avoiding the awkwardness. There was silence and then, slowly but surely, you both leaned in and kissed.