Bad

Ok so I was watching and RoyalChaos video (as usual) and the song gave me an idea for a one shot (also as usual) and you can watch the video on the side! enjoy this one shot! 

__________

April 12th, 2014

"Happy 21st birthday, Steven!" A chorus of cheers call out from around the table as they slide me and tray of three shots. Looking at the clear liquid inside and the harsh smell, I’m guess it was vodka. I smile up at them, this is how ever twenty first birthday was supposed to be right? Go out to a club with friends, get way too drunk for your first legal time, or in my case, my first time ever.

"Now, c’mon goody-goody, let’s get you drunk, this should be fun!" James pushes my shoulder playful. Glancing back down at the small cups of liquid, telling myself to take a chance for once, what is the worst that could happen? I look up proudly at my friends, glass in hand, tilting back my head roughly, shooting the bitter liquid down my throat, cringing but quickly throwing back the other too, shivering at the disgusting taste of the liqueur, biting into a lime to subside the lingering flavor.

Three beers, a rum and coke, and several shots later my words were slurred where I don’t even think I could understand myself, not like I was really paying attention. “I wanna dance,” I complain, yanking my arm away from Smarty’s hold on me, although I knew he was only trying to keep me standing upright, which I found was probably a good idea once I started walking, grabbing onto a table as I stumbled a bit, flashing a smile back at them before pushing through into the crowd of jumping bodies.  I send a sloppy wink over at a guy whose eyes look me up in down, only to get a disgusting look in response as his arm wraps around a blonde headed girl who was dancing crazily, pulling her out of the crowd with him. I roll my eyes, surprised at myself for not letting that get to me, if I was sober I surly would’ve been bummed. Hm, maybe alcohol is as great as everyone else says it is. 

My eyes land on the tall board figure leaned up against the wall just outside of contact with the rest of the dancing people, a cigarette hanging just slightly out of his mouth, which he tightens to lift it back up and inhale it’s smoke, letting it flow from his lungs and out his nose and lips. As cliche as it sounds, there was something about him that was intriguing and almost, sexy? Don’t get me wrong, I never never never go for these sort of guys, they usually scare me, with their dangerous careless ways, but he, he was… different? 

March 12th

It’s been a month since my birthday and the terrible hangover that came with it, although I didn’t spend it in my own bed. I woke up somewhere else next to the mystery man I had had my eyes on that night. I soon learned his name was Anthony, he gave me breakfast, smoked a cigarette, and I thanked him before leaving. At first I thought that would be the last I’d see of him, but the next day I got a text from a unknown number, saying I had put my number in his phone the night before, but asking if I’d like to hang out sometime. This was the first of many dates, and times we had hung out together, and seeing each other every week became seeing each other every other day. He did scare me a bit when I was sober, but it was the scary sort of fear that I wanted more of. 

My feet hang crossed his lap as we lay in the back seat of his car, he brings a cigarette up to his lips and flicks his lighter to light the end, making it turn a cherry red before breathing out a puff of smoke, filling the still air in the car. The way he smoked seemed so sensual, a work of art almost, as odd as that sounds. 

I clear my throat, speaking softly. “Can I try?”

He looks over at me, raising an eyebrow. “The cigarette?”

I nod quickly, a small smile spreading crossed his lips. “Yeah, here, only take a small puff or it’ll hurt,” He mumbles, bringing his fingers to my lips with the pinched butt of the cigarette hanging out so I could take it between my lips, brushing softly crossed his fingertips. I look up to meet his eyes, looking dark and large in the yellow streetlight flooding through the window.