Protective

It was not often that Cloud got close to his clients, but the Avalanche group, team - family - had managed to get through his mask, to see him for who he was and not for who he was trying to be. However, as a consequence to having so few people he let get close, Cloud had gotten a natural protective streak. He was not wrong to be protective, considering his friends are all part of a terrorist group that Shinra is framing and blaming a lot of problems on.

The group had not first realized this until the first time they got captured by low life Shinra infantrymen, who had no way to contact Shinra - thankfully - but it also meant they were not going to let the team go until someone either came to check on them or the person they sent comes back with the people that are going to imprison them in the Shinra building.

The infantrymen were looking for blood, their blood lust and agitation showing clearly in their pacing and the glances they keep shooting at their prisoners. The Avalanche group is tied separately from each other, with rope - or chain, depending on how resilient they proved to be during the fight - and they were also in separate cells. The others were sharing looks, mostly because neither Cloud nor Barret had woken up and those two were the default leaders usually.  However, they injected Cloud with some kind of serum or something that had knocked him out almost immediately. 

They'd hit Barret over the head pretty hard with the butt of a gun when he'd fought to get to Cloud in order to check on him - his natural instinct to check on his team and make sure they're alive taking over - and thus it was not really surprising that either of the two had not woken, but it does prove a problem. They're all trying to figure out how to escape or who to look to, but none of them are really meant to lead, they're all followers or too shy for such a position. Thankfully, before it becomes too much of a problem, two groans resound through the room, one covered pretty well by the other.

All of the people turn to Barret, who moans again and shakes his head, sending a few droplets of blood to the floor, before he sits up in the cell. Cloud maintains his position, knowing he'd need the advantage it would give him, though if any of them took a step further, he'd be up and offering to fight them, since he could almost taste their blood lust in the air.

"About time you woke up, we been wanting to fight someone and you seem like the perfect candidate. Are you ready?"

"You won't touch a hair on his head."

Everyone turns to Cloud, who's not only no longer bound by the chains, but also standing up and with no signs he was drugged at all. The infantrymen share looks - obviously they don't know the serum was only to be used on Soldier - before grinning and opening the cell, yanking Cloud out. With how thin he is, they're assuming he can't fight well, so they'll get to wail on him without too much problem, and get to hear the others suffering while they do so.

"Hope you know what you just brought upon yourself."

"Well, really its more what I brought upon you, but hey, you can look at it either way." 

Cloud gestures to behind the leader, to where he's taken out the rest of the the men out, and before the leader can even register his mistake, he's unconscious and slumping to the ground. Cloud finally groans and shows weakness, slumping where he stands for a moment, before he starts for the nearest console, card in hand. It takes a few keys, and the card to open the cells, and then they're all moving about. The ones in rope are easily freed by Cloud, and then they set to picking the locks on the chains.

Barret gets closer to Cloud, wanting to make sure he's ok, and Cloud uses the opportunity, while Barret is feeling his pulse, to subtly check the blood flowing from his head and the wound itself. It doesn't need stitches and so he stops worrying, as Barret nods to himself and removes his fingers. With an eye roll, he rejoins the others and they get their equipment and flee.