Chapter 1

Continuation ...

"Hector. Kumain ka muna at magpahinga. Tatagan mo ang sarili mo para sa anak mo." Mahinahong sabi ni Ate Hayee sa akin.

I'm now here seated in front of my wife's coffin, facing her happy photo that was taken during her 'bridal shower'. She was holding a pink heart balloon while raising her left hand showing my proposal ring. I choose that picture of her because her happiness is genuine, which is the opposite of what I am feeling now.

I am mourning. I am in pain. I am hurting. How am I supposed to live without her? How can I take good care of our daughter?

"What would be the name of our lil' princess, Babe?" I asked her while running my fingers through hair shiny and silky hair as she used my lap as her pillow.

"Pinag-isipan ko talaga to eh. Valeeña Hershiel Sevrantes Hudgers. What do you think?" She answered happily while looking at me with that cheeky smile.

I pinched her cute pointed nose and kissed it. "Let's call her Valeeña Hershiel, then."

Until now that it's the 3rd day of her burial, I never got a chance to visit our daughter sa hospital. It's only Mommy Chelsie and Mama Victoria ang salitan sa pagbabantay ng baby. I can't get to leave my wife lonely here.

Maraming mga bumibisita at naghahatid ng pagdadalamhati sa akin. My co-pilots and even my friends are here who are not leaving me. Sina Charles, Victor na kapatid ni Valeria, and Kenjie.

"Tama ang ate mo bayaw, magpahinga ka muna." Sabay tapik ni Victor saking balikat.

But I didn't dodged. I let myself sulking from the pain that's eating my inside. Parang nawala ang lahat sa akin kahit ang karapatang mabuhay.

She is my first and great love. I was known as an aloof, and unfriendly person. I only looked up my Mom and so possessive with my sister. Parang silang dalawa lang ang babae sa buhay ko.

Sa iisang University kami nag-aaral. At iisang organization lang kami. Kasali kami sa SBO. Kaya naka tambay lang kami sa iisang hall. Kaya kapag may activity ang school ay nagkakatipon-tipon ang bawat org mula sa Junior, Senior High, at sa Tertiary.

A typical love story where at first, I find her annoying lalo na at sobrang ingay niya at masayahin. Lagi siyang may rason sa lahat ng bagay. When she memorize the constitution, or tried to practice her speech, she always do it loudly lalo na at siya ang Representative ng College of Arts and Sciences while ako ay Representative ng Aeronautics.

But when I tried to confront her, she attacked me back which caught me off guard. "Kung may galit kaman sa mundo, huwag mo akong idamay. Kung ayaw mo nang magulo, doon ka sa labas at gumawa ng sarili mong mundo! Kahit anak kapa ng presidente, di ako natatakot sayo!"

Then she walked out. No one dared to do that to me. Lahat ng babae ay kung di nagpapa cute, lagi naman mahinhin kapag ako ang kaharap.

But that Valeria girl was strong as Gabriela Silang. I felt so challenged and then I tried to pursue her without the knowledge of my friends. I was just testing if she would take my bait but my plan backfired when it was the other way around. Ako ang sinubukan ng babaeng yun.

Then I gave up. I admitted to her that I love her. Then she did the same.

"How am I supposed to live without her?" I didn't know I thought it out loud that Victor answered.

"Kayanin mo Hector. For my little sister and my niece. She will not be happy if you will not take good care of our lil' princess. Di ka patatahimikin non."