la grâce

but the sun is still in the sky and shining above you

let me hear you sing once more like you did before

sing a new song chiquitita

the maiden sings with delight while cleaning their old wooden house. she was just now getting ready to enter another dreadful day into this so called life.

she particularly wakes up earlier than all her siblings so she can secretly enjoy her meeting with the sun.

she would gaze above as the sun rises filled with hope and she never stops hoping.

hoping for a better life. its all good. she loves her family. she is grateful. but she wants more. she wants to give the life her family deserves. and she will never stop hoping.

and now as she brooms away the last dust in their home, she gets ready to go to the university. hungry for education. she firmly believes a common quote by nelson mandela that is

education is the most powerful weapon in the world

no matter how life tumbles her upon, she would just dance along with it.

and so she walks to school again curious at what new knowledge she'll be getting.

arriving at her university, her eyes deem to a certain boy. she has always secretly admired the boy for his persistence. she has seen him sell newspapers, guard malls, and whatever job there is.

she wants to know more about the boy. curious at his drive. curious at the reason behind his hardwork. curious at him, in general. he seems like an admirable man, she have always thought.

dazed by gaping at the boy whom he doesnt even know, she quickly returns to her reality. she goes to her first class of the day. english. her favorite subject.

she has always thought english is the best subject that cease to ever exist. she loves how literature can be literally everything. how you can perceive it to anything you want. she finds it fascinating how every person has their own perception.

and she wants to know. the thoughts of a certain boy at her side sleeping again. she doesnt get how one can sleep through this amazing discussion. she feels like shes traveling wonders. well, he is also traveling wonders, in his dreams that is.

the teacher notices the boy. the teacher fakes cough to get his attention. she also elbows him in an attempt to wake him up. but with no avail, he continues on snoring.

the teacher says his name

"Mr. Flordeliz" his beautiful surname slurred unpleasantly to the professor's tounge.

i tap his back a little bit harder and he flinches opening his eye while meeting mine. and there she thinks how can an eye be worth of a galaxy.

"the professor is calling you" she told him subtly like she did a crime

"as i was saying mr. flordeliz, why did faust go to heaven despite losing the bet? "

oh no he probably doesnt know should i tell him, the handmaiden debates. but before she could tell him, he started answering the professor like he entered some kind of pageant.

"i believe faust went to heaven because i fully believe he did not lose the bet. for every person who strives to live and live to strive earns every right of redemption. and faust clearly showcase this act."

"well said mr flordeliz. you can now go back to your business."

meanwhile, his seatmate was stunned. she was looking at him with great awe. curious how he answered that. she took every ounce of strength to ask him the question