Jennie

Dragons. Did she just say dragons?

"Shadow and Shade," Cindy says.

"I have heard about Disney villains having dragons... but they were all banished to Drakeclaw Isle after their villains died. Somehow Dr. Facilier had summoned them. I know my father had one." I pause and shudder, "His name was Cunning." (A/N- We only included a few of these dragons in the series, but there are definitely more.)

I remember seeing Cunning a few times, when I was really little. He looked like my father, just a dragon. His dark red scales glinted in the dim light, and he had dark eyes, too. He had a single ruby in his forehead that was outlined with solid gold. He had black spikes down his back, and his tail was a real living cobra. Sneaky and charismatic, like my father. I don't think about my father much. After what he did to Agrabah, nobody, especially me, can forgive him.

"Jennie?" Cindy snaps me out of my trance.

"Sorry. Just thinking." I bite my lip.

Cindy pats my shoulder.

"Your dad?" she asks.

Cindy knows. She's a villain kid. She knows the look. The face.

I nod. "You know, Cindy. It's hard not to reflect on the past, even though you know you don't want to." I say softly, looking down at the floor.

Cindy sighs.

"Yeah, I know how you feel. Sometimes you think about it because all you want is a loving parent to care for you. People don't know what it's like to be a villain's kid." Cindy twiddles her thumbs.

There's a long moment of silence between us. Then, a scream. Miss Snow White!

Jamie, Ellie, Cindy, Ryan and I crash in the middle of the room. Miss Snow White's face is pale and she holds a slip of paper in her hand. There are claw marks on the wooden table. 

Dragon, I think. Jamie takes the paper from a shivering Miss Snow White. He gasps.

I take the paper from him. I gasp too.

Hello, Miss Snow White. We just wanted to inform you the following:

IF you do not give up your precious villain kids, we will come for you in unspeakable ways. For example, burn your orphanage down. So give them up or else.

Signed,

Shadow and Shade Dragons (Written with help of Dr. Facilier)

The piece of paper flutters to the ground. It was the dragons. They are coming for us. None of this feels real. I start to feel dizzy, like I'm falling. Falling, falling falling. Deep into a black hole of nothingness.

* * *

There's a girl in front of me. She wears gold bracelets decorated with rubies, a gold headband, dark red vest shirt over light red shirt, red leather fingerless gloves, and a ruffly, red mini-skirt. I have no idea who she is. She looks older than me, but younger than my dad.

"I've been waiting for you, Jennifer. You came right to me." the girl says. She wears a dark red hat that covers her face.

"Who...who are you?" I ask timidly, stepping back a little bit.

"You don't know me, Jennifer?" the girl asks.

I see her pout her lips in the way adults do when they feel sorry for a kid.

"You're father hasn't taught you anything. He's a sorry excuse of a parent." the girl waves her gloved hand.

Anger boils up inside me. "Don't talk about my father." I ball my hands up into fists.

The girl laughs. "You want to know who I am, don't you?" she says.

I don't answer.

The girl removes her hat....

I jolt awake, my heart pounding, my hair sticking to my face with sweat. Now I'm awake. Stupid nightmares. I pull on my comfortable morning leggings and my red hoodie with a black and gold snake on the back. I swipe a bit of chapstick on. The room smells like sausage and syrup. Everyone is already awake, drinking juice. I grab a glass from the counter.

"You look fancy." Maddie jokes flatly.

Jamie sighs and turns around to look at her. 

We have to tell her, I see him mouth. Tell me what?

Maddie nods. All eyes turn to look at me. A mix of rainbow colors. Ellie's sea blue eyes, Maddie's sunset gold, Jamie's soft lavender, Cindy's cunning green, and Ryan's icy blue. The only ones missing are Chris's warm red-brown, my dark black-brown, and Scrape's bright lime. That would complete the rainbow.

"Jennie, we need to go to The Voodoo Emporium and consult my dad." Cindy says.

I almost drop the glass of juice.

"The...Voodoo Emporium?" I ask shakily.

All heads nod. Again, a sea of different hair colors. Jamie's black, Cindy's black with purple streaks, Ryan's slick black, Maddie's wavy dark black with a single green streak, and Ellie's long, silky blonde. Ok, I'm getting WAY too into detail. I love colors.

"We have to. We have to stop him." Maddie's high ponytail bobs as she speaks. 

Ellie's blond hair shines in the sunlight. Miss Snow White lays a plate of sausage on the table, her face still pale from the incident yesterday.

"Jennie, we have to. It's the only way to get our answers." Jamie persuades.

I nod.

"Only for a day. Only for a day." The girl's cackle flashes through my brain as I say that.