Chills

The cold winter wind wraps around us as if it were trying to embrace us into its chilly arms for a hug. Gusts of wind hit the trees over and over again, making them sway back and forth. The sun glistens in the sky and hits the water under the bridge giving off a beautiful orange color to the river. Goosebumps run up and down my arms, then my teeth begin to chatter rapidly attempting to warm my body.

"Katelynn you seem cold, do you need a blanket?" Dan asks concerned

I manage a sly smile in his direction "Yeah, it's just a bit chilly, I'm fine."

"You're shivering like a scared cat after being chased for about two hours by a pack of wild dogs." He begins to move beside me and wraps a heavy blanket around the both of us and takes me into his arms, holding me close to him.

"You guys need to get a room. Geez.." Gracie sarcastically snaps toward me and Dan.

Samantha lets out a quiet giggle and a slight smile. "Let them be Gracie, you're like a five year old."

Dan kisses my cheek then looked toward Samantha who was in the drivers seat "When are we getting to the boat? Your car is freezing since the heat is still broken, even after I offered to fix it for free.."

Samantha rolls her eyes and held her middle finger up toward him "In about one or two more hours, depends on if there's any construction work or traffic, the normal road crap."

"You say I act like a five year old.. You're the one holding up your middle finger to people." Gracie softly slaps Samantha's hand.

"Just go to sleep Gracie. You haven't slept in two days, same goes for you Katelynn." Samantha laughs a bit.

Me and Gracie have this in-sync connection to where we say the same things a lot. "Whatever queen bitch." Me and Gracie say toward Samantha. We all have rude nicknames for each other, Dans a stripper, Gracie's a faggot, Samantha is THE Bitch, and I'm just everything combined.

"...goodnight, I love you beautiful." Dan says softly and begins to kiss my forehead as I quickly begin to doze off dreaming about death and loss as I normally do.