Chapter 3 • God of Dreams

Jolting up in the bed, Nora's eyes snapped open at the sudden voice

Jolting up in the bed, Nora's eyes snapped open at the sudden voice. It was melodic, almost as if an angel had sung a soft blessing into her ear, the tone sweet and warm.

Putting her hands down to push herself into a sitting position, the girl felt a material way softer than the mattress she had been lying on beneath her skin. She glanced down at her hand, noticing how she was pressing into the fluffy padding of what looked like a cloud.

What the heck was going on?

Confused out of her wits, Nora scanned the room she was lying in only to find that it wasn't hers; she didn't think it was real either.
The soft cloud she was placed on floated in the middle of a chamber that reminded her of those renaissance ceiling paintings. It looked very holy and other-worldly, the sweet colours of dusty pink, summery yellow, sky blue and hues of white perfectly balancing in a way that gave the air a calm yet magical atmosphere.

To her left, instead of a cream-painted wall, there was a huge set of windows pushed open, allowing Nora to admire the beautiful landscape lying in the distance. The yellow curtains on either side of the opening, moved softly in the breeze that filled the room with a scent that the girl had never smelled before.

She closed her eyes to smell the intoxicating air even better, already hoping that she would never have to stop breathing it. It was sweet like candy floss, yet way more subtle and light. Almost as if someone had baked a delicacy and left it to cool down, the scent kissing every corner and dent of the room in a very pleasant manner.

A giggle –formed with that same smooth voice that had answered Nora's earlier thought– sounded in the girl's ears. Her eyes snapped to the source, noticing a man casually sitting on a desk, one of his perfectly formed legs crossed over the other.
"It's pretty, isn't it?"

Nora didn't react, she simply observed him. The silky locks on his head were coloured both a rosy pink and golden blonde, the two shades beautifully blending together. His skin was flawless and dewy, dark sparkling eyes amusingly blinking down at her. His lips were the fullest and plumpest pair of pink pillows she had ever seen, the glossiness reminding her of a glazed donut.
His slim form was dressed in fancy-looking clothing, a wide white blouse loosely tucked into a pair of fitted jeans, ankle boots with a slight heal completing the look. Underneath the blouse that was missing the first few buttons and showed off part of his milky skin and collarbones, he was wearing a sheer, see-through layer of pink material, the tight-fitting fabric adorned with little diamonds.
For accessories the man was wearing multiple rings on his fingers, a couple of bracelets around his wrist and dangling earrings that shimmered in the light of the room.

The man had asked her if she thought the room was pretty, which it was, but it was nothing in comparison to his mesmerizing looks. Ethereal. It was the very first thing that popped in her head as she observed him. He was absolutely perfect, but still in a way that she had never seen before. There were no wings, no halo or any other kind of thing about him that revealed his true form, but she could still tell that this man wasn't human. He just had that air around him.