Why falling in love sucks

Sunshine warmed my face and I opened my eyes. He had left, and the room was empty. I placed my hand out to feel his side of the bed.
It was cold, he must have been gone for a while. Breathing a sigh of relief I sat up. My joy was short lived, as I winced when the pain hit me. My bones ached. Slowly I pulled back the covers. It was worse than I thought. My arms were littered with bruises, I pulled up my t-shirt and grimaced as I stared into a dark purple stain which polluted my fair skin.

Fuck my life.

He was worse last night, worse than I had ever seen him before. I flinched as I remembered his cold words. He spat them at me as his fists rained down upon my face and arms
'Slut! You're such a fucking slut, you hear me Ruth? Worthless bitch, don't you know that everyone hates you?!' I cried myself to sleep last night, just like every night for the past 2 months.

I hated my life, but I couldn't escape it.

Sighing I hauled myself onto my feet and trudged into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and stripped before stepping into the stream of water.

'Shit!' I shouted as I felt the water, It was freezing. The twat must have turned off the hot water before he left. 'Stupid prick', I muttered to myself. Nevertheless I braced the cold water and showered quickly before brushing my wet hair and pulling it into a French plait down the back of my head. I changed into an oversized pink jumper and black leggings. It was summer, and warm outside, but I couldn't risk anyone seeing my bruises.

'Another day of hell' I thought to myself as I stepped outside to begin the 45 minute walk to school. I didn't have a car, he wouldn't allow it.