♡ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑩𝑰𝑹𝑫𝑺 / 𝑱𝑶𝑯𝑵

the lovebirds

'62

the evening rain battered down on the window, its heavy droplets muffled by the sound of sweet melodies. the sultry tune flooded the living room where a pair of lovebirds swayed side to side by the victrola. you had been trapped by the storm for hours and you had finally gotten the lovely grouch to dance after he'd been watching you perform so eloquently alone. he sauntered over to you languidly, surely sour that he couldn't take you out as planned, and welcomed your arms around his neck while his snaked around your waist. you'd been making goofy faces and playfully snide remarks to each other for a bit until john went quiet and sank his forehead onto your shoulder.

you rest your head against his collar and close your eyes. the motions grew a little slower, a bit sleepy, but just as rhythmic. he eventually drew closer to you, tightening his hold which caused a small smile to play across your lips. your eyes flutter open when you notice he'd began to leave lingering kisses along the smooth skin of your inner arm and you bite back a giggle as they ticklishly travel up to the fabric of your dress that covered your shoulders modestly. he takes his time on your neck, loving tongue grazing against your skin and bringing a fire to your cheeks.

"tell me you're mine" he whispers hotly against the shell of your ear and your lips part in an attempt to catch your fleeting breath. his voice had startled you, yet it aroused a sudden fluttering within you that had been brooding with each passing song that played and each warm gust of breath that came from his throat as your waists inched closer.

"i'm yours, john" you reply without hesitation and nearly choke out a whimper of pleasure when he nips at the delicate flesh below your jaw in response. your quivering hands press against his large shoulders more firmly as not to lose him, as not to lose your closeness. his wet lips soon meet yours with a passion equivalent to a sudden reunion with a long lost something.

"say it again" he urges between feverish kisses and you repeat it over and over so willingly, your two clinging bodies sinking to the carpeted floor.